Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: The \"we saw the same intel\" argument put to rest

Good job, 6M.

Of course there are Congresspersons and Senators who can get more than cursory info - If they want it, care about it, or are willing to take the time and make the effort to inspect/investigate it.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:53 PM

The vibe from M, Nut, and BCP is that the administration pulled on a sleight of hand in slightly distorting the true intelligence picture, but if the democrats in Congress had investigated adequately then then would have seen through it? The fact the dems were sucessfully mislead because they were too lazy or incompetent still leaves the administration dishonest. How can you guys miss this?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:26 PM

So, what you're saying is, Congress must be held accountable regardless of the fact that the White House can manipulate what intelligence the members see and they can manipulate how it is presented?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact the dems were sucessfully mislead because they were too lazy or incompetent still leaves the administration dishonest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you read minds? How do you know with utter certainty there was any dishonesty?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, what you're saying is, Congress must be held accountable regardless of the fact that the White House can manipulate what intelligence the members see and they can manipulate how it is presented?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. That's their job. Besides, I believe several committees have concluded that the executive branch did not try to pressure the intel people or seriously distort what intel was available.

All I know is that the type of intelligence not available to Congress should not be making that much of a difference because it is probably raw and unanalyzed. Do you know of intelligence that was available to the President but not to Congress that would have changed the votes of all those Democrats to against the war?
Old 12-16-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. That's their job. Besides, I believe several committees have concluded that the executive branch did not try to pressure the intel people or seriously distort what intel was available.

[/ QUOTE ]
BS.
[ QUOTE ]
All I know is that the type of intelligence not available to Congress should not be making that much of a difference because it is probably raw and unanalyzed. Do you know of intelligence that was available to the President but not to Congress that would have changed the votes of all those Democrats to against the war?

[/ QUOTE ]
I could tell you what I know, but I'd have to kill you. I think it would have been nice if they shared with Congress and the world what they had learned about the B.S. story of Saddam trying to buy material from Niger.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would have been nice if they shared with Congress and the world what they had learned about the B.S. story of Saddam trying to buy material from Niger.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe British Intelligence still stands by that assessment.

I hope you're not going to drag Joe Wilson into this...
Old 12-16-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you're not going to drag Joe Wilson into this...

[/ QUOTE ]
Not unless Bush's henchmen drag his wife into this first.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:31 PM

I think that M, Nut, and BCP are saying that if Bush says the sky is blue, you'd better get your ass outside and doublecheck.

That's what you guys are saying, right? You're not blaming the Democrats for invading Iraq?
Old 12-16-2005, 03:32 PM

because they said there were weapons of mass destruction and there weren't any. if that's not lying, the word has no meaning.