Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-09-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Crimson Challenge Round 3

OK. Lot of interest from a few different geographies: midwest, pac NW, texas, canada, to name a few. Multiple can happen concurrently if the challenges are right.

I will post the updated pledge and challenge list in this thread later today.

In the meantime, those of you who are looking to do some challenges, please start tossing out your ideas in this thread so we can decide on challenges and location(s) for Round Three.

Let me say this. In general, consumption challenges are starting to get a little played out. Now, the 20oz of Dave's hot sauce, that I might want to see. But, in general, consumption challenges are probably going to get less financial support now, as they are losing their novelty. 1-on-1 competitive challenges are among the types of thing that might be interesting.

Sucker rehashed my prior suggestion of flour, a consumption challenge I do like a lot. Matt Flynn mentioned some nonsense about a blocked intestine or something. Any of you medical folks want to comment on flour-eating considerations? I have eaten a lot of cake, cookies, bread, and pizza before without any problem, so how dangerous can uncooked flour really be?

Still need to finalize pledge commitments in the CC2 thread. Will also do that later today once all committee members have chimed in on all challenges.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Crimson Challenge Round 3

Someone make up a challenge with Honey and Bees.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:12 PM

SIIMP tattoo for Behemoth.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:14 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i never read the threads because of noise

i would really appreciate a web page with concrete results and plans
Old 11-09-2005, 07:14 PM

Chugging a 9 ounce bottle of Listerine.
-James
Old 11-09-2005, 07:16 PM

What are your thoughts on the water consumption idea being tossed around? I can imagine it being good if done well...

[ QUOTE ]
i never read the threads because of noise

i would really appreciate a web page with concrete results and plans

[/ QUOTE ]

I could host a blog for El D to post on pretty quickly if he wants one.

Washington D.C.:

Possible challenges include water challenge, which involves multiple participants.

Flatliner challenge. The flatliner is an insanely hot chicken wing a local place (The Wing Factory) around here carries that makes you sign a waiver before they let you eat them.

We could turn the flatliner into a competition with a prize pool and see who finishes 10 first, or we could do an individual challenge such as eat 20.

I will tell you I have had 2 personally and they are extremely hot. I have a couple friends who have eaten them and the most anyone I know has done is 15. I wasn't there when he did 15 but I have seen someone do 5 and he was shaking and crying after eating those 5.

If you eat 10 they let you sign your name on the wall on some sign that takes about a year to fill up.

Edit: I'd prefer if the water challenge stayed in DC as I came up with the idea.

Also to update the shaking from flatliners. My friend who was shaking held out his hand and it looked like he had parkinson's disease.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are your thoughts on the water consumption idea being tossed around? I can imagine it being good if done well...

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the water challenge would work well if the contestants were somehow tied or handcuffed together for the duration.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:19 PM

Beer Bong a Fifth of Bacardi (you pick the flavor). No throwing up for .....10 minutes, say?