Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Funniest Moment, but you can not laugh.

This one is bad.

My buddy and I had a weird on going joke. When people would ask him what his parents did or where they were, he would always sayd, "They died." with a straight face.

Childish, but funny at the right times.

Well, we were out talking to girls etc, and he did this a couple times, and once it was hilarious.

That isn't the story.

We run into a couple of girls out shopping and one is stunningly hot. So we all get to talking, and go get some food. While we are eating, I ask the hot one what her dad does and she tells me whatever. I ask her what her mom does and she says, "She died a couple years ago."

I looked at my buddy (who is cracking up) and despite all my restraint I immediately laughed in the girls face. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

A couple years later we are actually still dating though. Me and the girl.

blake
Old 12-11-2005, 03:18 PM

I was in a meeting with the dean of students at law school. The dean starts telling me this very personal story about her tough battle with cancer. At one point she mentions how she was administered the drug interferon. All I could think about was Homer and Bart telling Dr. Hibbert that he was "interferon" with their good time. It took all I had not to burst out laughing. She was probably wondering why I was smiling.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:27 PM

There is a super over-achiever at my office. She was the best analyst and after one year got a promotion to a level that usually takes 2-3 years to obatin. She thinks she is the [censored]. She's telling everyone how to do their work, helping people, etc...basically pissing everyone off.

She is constantly talking about how great her life is, her two kids are great, she just bought a 1 million dollar house with her husband, she has a brand new escalade, all this [censored].

About 3 weeks ago she comes into work crying, her friend asks her whats wrong, she told us her husband filed for divorce, has been cheating on her for 6 months, they have to sell their house, split up all the toys, fight for custody etc...

I wanted to laugh so hard but it probably would've cost me my job. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2005, 03:37 PM

Im the master at Church laughs. I only go twice a year, easter and christmas, and of course, our church is really packed on those days, enough so that 1/4 of the people must stand in the back/aisles. My cousins and I always have a competition on who can get the most people to laugh, because if you even whisper something, at least 50 people can hear it because of the sardine factor. I won 2 holidays in a row. Frist joke:
Easter mass, they had a huge fire pit thing in the main aisle that the priest walks down, the huge doors open, adn then the priest/altar boys start processing down teh aisle, I say, just loud enough "Welcome, To Jurrasic Park" at least 15 people lost it. Muffled laughing, tears, red faces, convulsions/shuddering from the laughing etc. At christmas, before Comunion the altar boys ring this bell a few times, so after a couple rings, I say, will someone answer the damn phone. Church laughs are always teh best.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:01 PM

Both of these are simultaneously not funny, and competely missing the point of the OP.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:04 PM

Everyone has experienced those times in their lives where it is the funniest moment of their life, but it would be explictly rude to laugh.

So lets hear them.

I dont think I missed the point of the OP. Is it not rude to laugh like an idiot in church? Could be not, but I was taught it was. And yes, they were funny, but like most things, you probably had to be there.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:27 PM

Freshman year of high school (Catholic high school mind you), history class with Sister Helen McGuire. We all had to give 5 minute oral reports on different topics. About halfway though the class this one girl is giving her report, I'm half bored to death and I hear the girl say "...blah blah blah that affets all orgasms on earth." (She obviously meant to say organisms). Three of us in the front row are about to erupt when sister Helen immediately locks on to us with her best eternal damnation stare and her fist immediately slams down on the desk. She kept staring at us for the rest of the class throughout all of the other presentations. Luckily I had already gone because I was near tears by the end of class. One of my classmates in the front wasn't so lucky. He had to go next and he got approx. 5 words into his report when he cracked up. Straight to the principal - 2 days of detention.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, here goes...

I'm at a formal dinner with my girlfriend's family, some very "proper" friends of theirs, and two of our friends, Chris and Tim.

Tim is 20 years old, and is sleeping with a 33 year old deaf woman. She is married.

Somehow, this woman comes up in conversation at the meal. She is referred to as Tim's "girlfriend" numerous times.

The family friends ask if she lives with Tim. ( they would find it scandalous if not)

My girlfriend immediately replies

"No, She lives with her husband".

Complete silence. My GF goes beet red as she realizes.

I try to hold the laughter for reasons I really can't explain.

Then my half-chewed potato salad sprays all over the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 12-11-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Both of these are simultaneously not funny, and competely missing the point of the OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guids: No, seriously, he's right.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This one is bad.

My buddy and I had a weird on going joke. When people would ask him what his parents did or where they were, he would always sayd, "They died." with a straight face.

Childish, but funny at the right times.

Well, we were out talking to girls etc, and he did this a couple times, and once it was hilarious.

That isn't the story.

We run into a couple of girls out shopping and one is stunningly hot. So we all get to talking, and go get some food. While we are eating, I ask the hot one what her dad does and she tells me whatever. I ask her what her mom does and she says, "She died a couple years ago."

I looked at my buddy (who is cracking up) and despite all my restraint I immediately laughed in the girls face. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

A couple years later we are actually still dating though. Me and the girl.

blake

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this a little brag post about your stunningly hot girlfriend?