Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 10-27-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Playing suited connectors

I've only posted 2 hands today, and none before that for a while. I agree with you I should have posted the other hand in the NC thread.

I actually won this hand (results somewhere in the thread), but was curious if I let value slip away anywhere. Not capping the flop seems to be my one main mistake.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:23 PM

*grunch*
There could be a case for raising preflop. I don't.

I think you've played a great hand.

Go for overcalls on the river.

EDIT: Looking again, you should have capped the flop when it came 3 back to you.
I still am strongly opposed to 3 betting. 3 betting this flop is just plain crazy talk.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:03 PM

how do you limit the field on the button? Is limp/fold a popular line for these villians?
Old 10-27-2005, 02:37 PM

Grunching.

Preflop
Limping is the right play. Why do you want to limit the field with small suited connectors? Limiting the field is only good for hands with high card strength. You want to see the flop cheaply. Has your friend read SSHE?

Flop.
A little scary. I don't know if you should cap at the end or not.

Turn.
Looks like everyone is drawing.

River.
Ouch. You're probably beat but you have to stay in a pot this big. I think overcalls is the way to go. If sb was on a flush draw as well you might get caught in between them so maybe a raise is better. But that gives MP3 a chance to reraise.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:39 PM

I changed my mind again.
You played it perfect. (Assuming you went for overcalls on the river)

You don't want to 3 bet this flop. You're not going to clean up any outs and you definitely don't want to knock anyone out. You called, good job. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

When SB 3 bets, you should have dribbled in your pants a bit. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Everyone calls and it's back to you; there's a decent argument for value capping this flop BUT the last thing you want to do, now that you've got awesome position on the aggressor, is take the initiative away from him. You called, good job. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Capping this flop runs the risk, that if you do make your hand on the turn, it may get checked to you. When you just call the flop, your hand is beautifully disguised and you are in position to capitalize big time. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Unfortunately, it got checked anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

NH. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 02:46 PM

discussion of results below in white:
<font color="white">
You might want to add to your notes on SB that he check-3bet with a backdoor OESD.

Also, why did MP3 not bet the turn? Was he scared of another checkraise from SB?</font>
Old 10-27-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="white">You might want to add to your notes on SB that he check-3bet with a backdoor OESD.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, that play completely perplexed me, and I certainly noted it. She didn't last long at the table.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, why did MP3 not bet the turn? Was he scared of another checkraise from SB?

[/ QUOTE ]
That's my guess. With that board and so many callers on a 3-bet, I don't blame him for being a little worried about <font color="white"> only having TPTK </font>.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You don't want to 3 bet this flop. You're not going to clean up any outs and you definitely don't want to knock anyone out. You called, good job. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Everyone calls and it's back to you; there's a decent argument for value capping this flop BUT the last thing you want to do, now that you've got awesome position on the aggressor, is take the initiative away from him. You called, good job. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Capping this flop runs the risk, that if you do make your hand on the turn, it may get checked to you. When you just call the flop, your hand is beautifully disguised and you are in position to capitalize big time. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you hit your hand on the turn that is. Miller writes a lot about this in SSHE, sometimes it's correct to give up a little bit of EV on the flop if it allows you to make more EV on the later streets. BUT - in this case your equity is so high on the flop that you're giving up too much to miss a raise here IMO.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. You want to 3-bet this flop. You have a flush draw and a double gutter for 15 outs. Easy 3-bet.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. You want to 3-bet this flop. You have a flush draw and a double gutter for 15 outs. Easy 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would it be worth it had the blinds both folded when it came back two (BB) and three (SB) bets to them? Would it be worth more for the two remaining opponents to be pot-committed, or to wait to push a bigger edge later?

OTOH, once everybody was in for 3, there is no reason whatsoever not to cap.