Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 10:14 AM

Default Complete maniac on Party (no content)

I was 2 tabling on PP Sunday afternoon. One of my tables was down to 4 players and I was getting ready to leave when a new player sat down directly to my left. This player proceeded to bet/raise everything. No exaggeration, he did not check or fold a single time and he only called if the betting was capped.

He bought in for the standard $25 and worked his way up to $40 before dropping back to $26.50. After the tenth hand he left the table. Unfortunately I only got one decent hand so I only made 12BB off him.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Complete maniac on Party (no content)

You know, you could probably make money by doing this if you didn't stay at one table too long. Everyone tends to fold to the aggression until they figure out the guys a maniac.

Seems like every time a maniac has come into one of my games he always goes up 15-20 BB real quick but if he sticks around then he will eventually lose it all back.

Therefore, a maniac could just keep hitting different tables and probably show a profit. He gets ahead early and if he happens to start catching cards then he really rakes in some money since now no one believes he has anything and will play back at him.

If he's not catching cards and starts losing then he can go hit up another table. Pretty good way to make money for a bad player.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty good way to make money for a bad player.

[/ QUOTE ]

It also won't work above .5/1 I don't think. The players at 2/4 and above would recognize what you were doing too quickly, I think, and a 1/2 you'd win the blinds for a few hands until they, too, figured it out.

At .5/1 you'd probably be good for 2 or 3 orbits, tho. Hmmmmmmm.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:08 PM

I assumed the guy was doing some sort of experiment, acted on a dare/boast, or was drunk.

What is the ideal number of players to have at the table for this method of play? I think at a full table you would run into trouble much sooner because the pot odds would be so high you'd always get called down.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:12 PM

I think I've seen that one, too. Honest to god, bet whenever checked, and if bet before him, raised. Every single time.

I stung him on a couple hands and he seemed to calm down for a while, but waiting for those hands to come was like waiting for Christmas in October.

KO
Old 06-21-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I've seen that one, too. Honest to god, bet whenever checked, and if bet before him, raised. Every single time.

I stung him on a couple hands and he seemed to calm down for a while, but waiting for those hands to come was like waiting for Christmas in October.

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

"Please, please, please don't bust out or get bored and leave before I get a hand to play!" And then you keep second-guessing your marginal starting hands...should I play this one? What about this one?
Old 06-21-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

It was ME! It was ME! I'm the maniac! Bwahahahhaha

-Jaran
Old 06-21-2005, 02:54 PM

I'll do this right now at .5/1.

Play every hand or no? Some one give me a pf chart for manic play and we'll see how long it takes me to lose $25. I'll stay at the table 2 orbits or until I've lost it all.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:05 PM

Alright, I've decided to play this way with almost every hand. I'm folding things like 92o and the like.

I'm on table 25370 in Seat 2.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:05 PM

Saw a guy a lot like this on Absolute last night, except he was seen folding on the turn every once in a while. I think he played every hand, raising pre-flop w/ pocket 6's or A-7 offsuit, raising unmercifully with bottom pair no kicker and hands of this nature. I only took one pot off him unfortunately, as he was extremely lucky for the time he was in there. (flopped a full house w/ 8-5 offsuit, flopped a str8 playing j-9 offsuit against a pre-flop raise, are just two of the examples.) Had the whole table in awe of the cards he was getting, how badly he played them and how lucky he was. Had I not been on a massive losing streak I would have enjoyed it, but I was and I didn't.