Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Re: My introduction hand - are they slowplaying trips?

[ QUOTE ]
55 is a hand where you limp in loose passive games and call a raise from the BB, but never a cold call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I cold call small pocket pairs often and know many winning players who do so as well. Of course it depends on the # of callers before you.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
55 is a hand where you limp in loose passive games and call a raise from the BB, but never a cold call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I cold call small pocket pairs often and know many winning players who do so as well. Of course it depends on the # of callers before you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not criticizing you or anything, but just to add, this is a fairly loose preflop call.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:49 AM

BB looks like 77 trying to keep everyone around, with his stop n go on all streets business. Although he could have K7, and it's remotely possible he has K5 or KK. One would expect a 3 bet pf w KK, but he's on the blind and stranger things have happened.

As for MP1, looks a bit like he can't let go of AA. I can't imagine AK or KQ not raising this turn. And I don't really see QQ or less capping the flop, but I suppose it's possible.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:53 AM

and I forgot to mention that I would not call preflop without one or two more cold callers before me. unless the table is spectacularly loose and you can reliably expect a bunch of cold calling behind you. I suppose in the particular case if you know the blinds are loose, it's okay, but my point is, I want probably at least 4 other people involved before I cold call with small pairs.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, duh. But it went raise, CC, and then hero CC's. That's not enough CC's to make it mathematically an +EV call in a new game.

I will coldcall 55 if I'm in LP and it's been coldcalled 3-4 times, but not immediately after a raiser.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:22 AM

It looks like BB's got Kx and MP1 AA or AK.

It sucks if BB had K2, K5 or K7, but that's just poker, i think that you are ahead here more than 50 %, so i would have played it just the way you did.

Edit after reading the other posts:
I think that whitout a solid read of MP1, coldcalling that raise is no good, cause the lack of previous limpers and only 1 coldcaller before you.

For BB 77 is also possible, but if i was him, i would have capped the flop whit that. Because BB stopped in the turn and 3 - betted the river, the possibility of K2 is bigger. I dont think anymore that MP1 has AK, cause he would have been more aggressive whit that on the turn and the river. And cause MP1 calls the river, you need to be ahead only 33 % of the time.

wow, whit so many chances and clarifications in the edit, i'm beginning to wonder if i payed attention at all, when i first read the post [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2005, 10:31 AM

Thanks for all the feedback. I agree that the cold call preflop is loose but I felt that the table was loose enough to warrant it.

The slowplay comment was in reference to the turn call by BB. When he bet out I put him on Kx but the call to my raise had me baffled.

After the flop:
I'm not sure about BB but MP1 has a big pair or trips.

After the turn:
When BB bets the turn I've got him on Kx. There's nothing else he could have that would make him bet into two raisers. When he calls I get very confused.
When MP1 calls he knows he's in trouble but he can't let go of his big pair. If he had trips he would have raised.

On the river:
BB must have Kx but is it K2 or did he just wake up?
MP1 is dead but he just can't fold such a big pot.

Result:
BB has K5.
MP1 has AA.

The 5 really surprise me. I can't believe BB didn't bet the turn. I can't say I'm mad at him though, it saved me 2 BB. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2005, 10:38 AM

I had not one but two hands almost exactly like this come up yesterday. In both, I flopped a full house only to lose to a bigger full house. In both, I jammed at every opportunity. After both, my poor cat went flying.

You played it fine (other than PF, which is very loose but not totally awful). When situations like this arise, just rejoice that you weren't playing NL.