Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 09:20 PM

Default The Official OOT Cookbook.

For a guy with an IQ of 156 I can't cook anything. I used to just order out every day, but now my lovely girlfriend cooks for me every day. (God bless her [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) She's not a very experienced cook but everything that she's made so far has been great. I'm convinced that she has the gift. She just hasn't had to do it a lot. Therefore, she doesn't know a lot of recipes. This got me to thinking... where better place to turn than the internet. And who better to ask than my fellow OOTers. So I'd like to make this thread the Official OOT Cookbook.

The thread should contain your favorite recipes, cooking directions, and even a pic of the food if you're able to provide one. They don't have to be your own recipes. Just be sure if you got it out of a book or something to give credit to the source if possible. If it is your own recipe you need to give it a name. (example: "deacsoft's hot as hell wings" or something) I'm hoping we can get a nice thread going here and exchange a lot of recipes. Any time someone uses someone else's recipe they can go back in and rate the food. Plus I'm sure many of the contributers won't mind an open forum question or a PMed question if you need extra direction. (If you post a recipe and don't want PMs just indicate it in your post.)

Well, I'm looking forward to the thread. God knows I could use some new things to try at the dinner table.
Bon Appetit!
Old 12-19-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: The Official OOT Cookbook.

Nice brag post.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:25 PM

tuna on toast

open and drain a can of tuna
add some mayo
mash it well with a fork
toast bread
slice tomato
Old 12-19-2005, 09:28 PM

Korean steak - made it twice and has gone down well both times

INGREDIENTS:
• 2 pounds thinly sliced Scotch fillet (chuck eye steaks)
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 5 tablespoons white sugar
• 2 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
• 2 tablespoons sesame oil
• 3 shallots, thinly sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 5 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet wine)

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large bowl, stir together the soy sauce, sugar, sesame seeds, sesame oil, shallots, garlic, and mirin. Add the meat, and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the meat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink. Serve with salad or fried rice.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:35 PM

Easy West Indian fried chicken with rice and peas and fried banana

This is my own way of doing it I guess

Basically get some chicken breasts. Heat oil in pan (heat on max). Fry chicken (the oil might jump around a bit). Add some cajun seasoning. Lean on the chicken a bit with a spoon to flatten it and so increase fry-able surface area. If it looks like its drying out then throw on a bit of beer.

Rice and peas. Cook the rice 90%. Get two or three tins of beans eg kidney beans, butter beans - whatever you like. Drain tins and add to rice. Get tin of coconut milk and add. Then put it on the hob and burn off the coconut milk. Not too hot. Make sure to stir.

Fried banana. Chop banana. (I have found that chopping it into little rounds works best). Fry in hot oil.

This is so easy and is actually really good. Enjoy.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:34 PM

Hmm, okay. I do this by sight, so it's hard to describe quantities. But I'll try.

Blarg's Cream Cheese Eggs

2 tbsp butter or margarine
1/4 bar of Philly Cream Cheese or equivalent
5 eggs

In a small saucepot, drop margarine cut into small bits and let melt over very low heat. Do not let it brown! When melted, add cream cheese cut into thin bits or slices to aid in quick melting. If necessary, tip saucepot on its edge to let cream cheese melt without browning butter. Whisk together eggs in a bowl while waiting. When cream cheese is melted, stir to thoroughly mix with melted butter. Pour whisked eggs into butter and melted cream cheese mixture and mix together rapidly with heat proof spoon. Stir occasionally until scrambled, but not dry, taking care not to let eggs brown.

Serve with toast.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, okay. I do this by sight, so it's hard to describe quantities. But I'll try.

Blarg's Cream Cheese Eggs

2 tbsp butter or margarine
1/4 bar of Philly Cream Cheese or equivalent
5 eggs

In a small saucepot, drop margarine cut into small bits and let melt over very low heat. Do not let it brown! When melted, add cream cheese cut into thin bits or slices to aid in quick melting. If necessary, tip saucepot on its edge to let cream cheese melt without browning butter. Whisk together eggs in a bowl while waiting. When cream cheese is melted, stir to thoroughly mix with melted butter. Pour whisked eggs into butter and melted cream cheese mixture and mix together rapidly with heat proof spoon. Stir occasionally until scrambled, but not dry, taking care not to let eggs brown.

Serve with toast.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds awesome. This weekend, I'll be having this.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:57 AM

Hooters Buffalo Wings from www.topsecretrecipes.com
always a hit~~ uummm miss the girls though

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup franks hot sauce
1 dash pepper, Ground
1 dash garlic powder
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
10 chicken wings
bleu cheese salad dressing
celery
vegetable oil, for frying

1. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees.
2. You want just enough oil to cover the wings entirely -- an inch or so deep at least. Combine the butter, hot sauce, ground pepper, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Heat until the butter is melted and the ingredients are well blended.
3. Combine the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
4. If the wings are frozen, be sure to defrost and dry them.
5. Put the wings into a large bowl and sprinkle the flour mixture over them, coating each wing evenly.
6. Put the wings in the refrigerator for 60 to 90 minutes.
7. (This will help the breading to stick to the wings when fried.) Put all the wings into the hot oil and fry them for 10 to 15 minutes or until some parts of the wings begin to turn dark brown.
8. Remove the wings from the oil to a paper towel to drain.
9. But don't let them sit too long, because you want to serve the wings hot. Quickly put the wings into a large bowl.
10. Add the hot sauce and stir, coating all the wings evenly.
11. You could also use a large plastic container with a lid for this.
12. Put all the wings inside the container, add the sauce, put on the lid, then shake. Serve with Bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks on the side.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:33 AM

Shajen's spaghetti and meat sauce: (I prefer to use a pressure cooker for this recipe)

2/3rds of a lb ground beef
1/2 lb italian sausage
half of one red onion-chopped
6 garlic cloves-minced
1 cup celery-finely chopped
1 cup water
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1/8 teaspoon red pepper
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
1/4 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons sugar
tabasco to taste
salt and pepper to taste
16 ounce diced tomatoes (I don't use the entire can, you can tell how much to use based on the meat in the sauce)

brown the sausage and ground beef. Add the onion and garlic about half way through, drain and put in the pressure cooker.

Add the remainder of the ingredients minus the tomato paste. Cook in the pressure cooker until the regulator is rocking back and forth for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool the cooker rapidly by placing under luke warm water until it is safe to remove the lid.

Add the tomato paste and stir til it thickens.

Cook the spaghetti noodles as directed.

This is really good and takes about 30 minutes total time if you have any sort of culinary skill.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shajen's spaghetti and meat sauce: (I prefer to use a pressure cooker for this recipe)

2/3rds of a lb ground beef
1/2 lb italian sausage
half of one red onion-chopped
6 garlic cloves-minced
1 cup celery-finely chopped
1 cup water
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1/8 teaspoon red pepper
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
1/4 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons sugar
tabasco to taste
salt and pepper to taste
16 ounce diced tomatoes (I don't use the entire can, you can tell how much to use based on the meat in the sauce)

brown the sausage and ground beef. Add the onion and garlic about half way through, drain and put in the pressure cooker.

Add the remainder of the ingredients minus the tomato paste. Cook in the pressure cooker until the regulator is rocking back and forth for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool the cooker rapidly by placing under luke warm water until it is safe to remove the lid.

Add the tomato paste and stir til it thickens.

Cook the spaghetti noodles as directed.

This is really good and takes about 30 minutes total time if you have any sort of culinary skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a disgrace to sauce...i hope this is a joke