Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Wow, I butchered another one

UTG is pretty tight/solid. SB is unknown but seems to be a bit of a donk from his first few hands. Better lines (I think I may have messed up all streets again)? River decision?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ TWP (6 max, 6 handed) converter

CO ($169.15)
Button ($98)
SB ($100.90)
TWP ($180.65)
UTG ($65.80)
MP ($35.99)

Preflop: TWP is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $4.5</font>, TWP calls $4, UTG calls $2.

Flop: ($15) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">TWP bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $20</font>, SB folds, TWP calls $12.

Turn: ($55) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
TWP checks, UTG checks.

River: ($55) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
TWP checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $25</font>, TWP ...?
Old 08-14-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Wow, I butchered another one

Bet the turn...that was a dream card for you. You have a very good chance to make him fold his overpair. You are beat, fold the river.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:51 PM

i'd block the river. as played, i think you shoudl call.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:02 AM

Why did you call the flop raise? Does a tight player really raise with overcards here?
Old 08-15-2005, 02:12 AM

I was thinking a ten or something like 99 or 88 since the preflop re-raise checked it could look like i was taking a weak stab at it. I don't know. I folded the river and think I screwed up preflop (I should re-raise), the flop (bet shoulda been bigger), and the river (I should block/fold).
Old 08-15-2005, 03:02 AM

this is probably the most diverse advice i have ever seen for a hand...according to us pretty much do anything on any street....
Old 08-15-2005, 04:34 AM

Given your read on UTG, flop is a fold. You've got two streets to go, with a weakish hand and no idea where you stand.

I wouldn't bet the turn, because it's unlikely you'll fold out an overpair. Sometimes AA/KK can be stubborn unless you're willing to a put a lot in. Not worth it imo.

River is an easy fold. There's a full house out there, and he's betting it. A tight solid player wouldn't do that without a ten or an overpair after that flop action.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:06 AM

pot the flop.

if tight player calls or raises be done with the hand.

paul
Old 08-15-2005, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn...that was a dream card for you. You have a very good chance to make him fold his overpair. You are beat, fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be a better card if the opponent had a deeper stack. He actually doesn't have much left in relation to the pot size so it is unlikely he will fold a big PP.

I think once you call that flop raise your basically in it until the river (barring an AK turn and river), but I like the idea of just calling to keep the pot as small as possible. You have to call the river bet - the time for folding was on the flop. You could have bet a little on the river, but given the pot and stack sizes I'm not really sure it would have mattered.

Passion
Old 08-15-2005, 09:36 AM

A tight/solid player raises UTG, calls a reraise, then raises your flop bet on a ragged board. What range of hands are you putting him on that makes calling that raise a good idea?