Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Set on a suited flop

Easy fold?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero ...
Old 05-03-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Set on a suited flop

I would bet the flop and cap it.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:48 PM

Cap it. You will have 9 outs to improve to a boat on the turn if you're already up against a flush. I've seen people get into raising wars with flops like these when neither player has a diamond.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:53 PM

I love hands like this, they get me fired up. Let's see the turn.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:53 PM

you have 2 chances to pair the board... folding with a set here is not an option.. I would 3 bet the flop.. if it is capped check/call the turn if the board does not pair or the case 5 hits.. if the 3 bet on the flop is just called bet out on the turn trying to drive out small flushes
Old 05-03-2005, 03:55 PM

Grunching

easy bet flop!

chances improving to a boat or better on the next card is the same for an OESD, and even if you miss on the turn, you'll have 11 outs going to the river (giving you 1:3.2 odds to improve there [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])

As for your situation, you're getting offered 1:5.3 on a 1:~4.9, and thats before action gets back to BB and MP1.

This is only unprofitable when the worst situation occurs (BB folds, MP1 caps, you and CO calls, giving you 1:~4.8 total for the entire flop round, slightly -EV)

I'm calling here to see the turn.

EDIT - I counted outs wrong and therefore my calculations for improving suck ass, I'm too lazy to do that [censored] again. I still stick to my original advice though
Old 05-03-2005, 03:59 PM

Ask and you shall receive...

Flop: (10 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

I felt dirty...just plain dirty...calling 3 cold on the flop. But I felt I didn't have the equity to raise, or the will to fold. In hindsight, I now think capping was correct. Sounds like most posters here do too.

Turn: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (15 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero...

Surely you fold now, right?
Old 05-03-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Surely you fold now, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap it. You will have 9 outs to improve to a boat on the turn if you're already up against a flush. I've seen people get into raising wars with flops like these when neither player has a diamond.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus one out to improve to quads. 7 outs on the turn, 10 on the river.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:03 PM

With 3 villains are we good here/have enough pot equity when we are not good to bet out on the turn?