Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 09:18 PM

Default So the worst card in the deck comes on the turn and...

This was my first time playing with the button, but we had been at the table for a while, and he seemed decent and capable of non-straightforward play.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (9.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

I was having a rough session, and I think frustration played a part in my fold. I'm not sure it was the right move. What do you guys think?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: So the worst card in the deck comes on the turn and...

Nice hand.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:31 PM

Well, the turn card lets us know that Villain wasn't raising overcards plus a flush draw on the flop (unless he has the unlikely K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Once he raises the turn, we're really hoping he's being tricky with a hand like Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. And if he has that, he's pretty much hoping you specifically have a clubless KK and will fold.

Which you did, and I think the fold is fine. I think you're behind here too often. Also, on those rare occasions when you aren't behind, you'll get outdrawn more often, on average, than you'll spike a miracle king (which, on occasion, also won't be enough).
Old 04-20-2005, 09:38 PM

seems like a good fold. had villian capped the flop then u should have either check called the turn and river or bet and called down the raise.

but he only called the re-raise so he can still have just AK.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:06 PM

Nice hand, I hope thats how I would have played it. That fold is tough but i thinks its the right move.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-20-2005, 11:53 PM

Very very standard, well-played.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:03 AM

I like. I don't think I'd have the discipline to fold here during a rough session, but it looks right on paper.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like. I don't think I'd have the discipline to fold here during a rough session, but it looks right on paper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking in terms of BB/100 has helped me make these laydowns. You want a certain BB/100 hands and when you look at this, you *know* you are giving away 2 BB on this hand. That sucks when you think about your goal being 2 BB/100 hands.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thinking in terms of BB/100 has helped me make these laydowns. You want a certain BB/100 hands and when you look at this, you *know* you are giving away 2 BB on this hand. That sucks when you think about your goal being 2 BB/100 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

YUK! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]