Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Good PT stats for $50 NL (6max)?

What are good VP$IP, PFR%, and postflop aggression factors for this game?

I'm familiar with good stats for small stakes limit, but this is a looser game.

First 2,000 hands of $50 NL 6max I'm something like 32% VP$IP, 12.5% PFR and my agression factors are all over 2. Am I on the right track? I know I need a lot more hands to make any conclusions.

Is this a game where you want to limp a lot for implied odds, or be aggressive preflop? I've noticed so far that open-raising 4xBB from the button is folding the blinds a LOT. I'm doing it with a very large range of hands if the players behind are typical or tighter. My button winrate is very good so far.

Just wondering if you guys play smallball too. That's what I try to do in SSNL home games. Limp with a lot of hands and outplay after the flop.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Good PT stats for $50 NL (6max)?

these type of posts are never very good because its pretty much like asking "what do should a i do to beat a given limit?"

also 2k hands is nothing..

having said that id guesstimate that 23/8 is ideal for 50 6max..

then again with 6max there are a ton of styles that work depending on what type of player you are so im not saying your stats wont work for you.. but its a bit loose for my liking, maybe putting yourself in too many marginal situations

[ QUOTE ]
I've noticed so far that open-raising 4xBB from the button is folding the blinds a LOT. I'm doing it with a very large range of hands if the players behind are typical or tighter. My button winrate is very good so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good strategy, leads to blind steals and lots of position steals.. definitely profitable..
Old 11-30-2005, 08:25 PM

Thanks for the reply, but it seems strange to me that 23/8 would be ideal. That is close to the same stats you want in a limit full ring game. Maybe a couple of percent looser. I would think closer to 30% would be right for 6max NL.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:30 PM

30% can be done by very solid postflop players, id just rather not, and wouldnt reccomend players coming up in the stakes to do so..

also i always 4 table.. so i play tighter with a few less reads