Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Oh no, I hit a full house! This sucks!

I agree with the whole capped pf checked flop slowplayed monsters line of thought. I think it would have been interesting if in the original post you had left out your commentary and just included the hand. Would have been interested to see what direction thread went in. Reads definitely belong, but the subject and tone conveyed the result, tainting the feedback a little IMO.

Anyway, that sucks to hit that seven. That guy plays Aces poorly.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Oh no, I hit a full house! This sucks!

If he did indeed have AA, then take some consolation in the fact that he missed at least a half dozen bets in this pot. Hell, you would have had odds to draw to a 2-outer if he'd just bet the friggin' flop. OTOH, if he didn't have aces, you probably missed 1 bet with the line he took. I'd say you made out pretty well in that exchange.

As far as betting the flop, I think this is a better strategy if Hero has a hand that might be worth showing down UI vs. the capper. I.E., something like AQ. As it stands, when the ace flops Hero is behind CO the vast majority of the time, and with the draw & potential that Hero is betting scare cards with exactly what he has (an underpair) it's pretty unlikely that CO folds a hand like KK or QQ. With Hero almost certainly drawing (and having the pot odds to do so), it makes more sense not to knock out the opposition, especially since Hero's 2-outer would negate the flush draw.