Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 05:34 PM

Default AA vs. a limp reraiser

Early hand at a table. No reads on any of the villains at the time.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

At this point, I'm putting UTG on QQ, KK, AA, AK of spades, or a random hand he's pretending is AA because he's crazy. I suppose 99, 33, a strong Q, or random spades are also possible, but those seem much less likely as limp reraise bait. I plan to raise a brick on the turn if he bets out.

Turn: (16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Not. A. Brick.

SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds...

At this point, I'm a dog to all of his likely hands. It is a big pot, so I was tempted to call down in case he was just crazy, but I was worried about the two people behind me, and that the most obvious draws just came in. Thoughts?
Old 06-10-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: AA vs. a limp reraiser

i dont think i can put villain on spade draw on flop cuz he capped. im thinkin either QQ,KK, or another AA. but either way, you're gettin 17:1 on the turn. I'd call down i think
Old 06-10-2005, 05:48 PM

I'd probably call this bet. However, if either of the blinds come alive and/or (especially) if UTG keeps playing back at them, I would have no problem releasing my hand at this spot.

I don't feel like doing any math, but my intuition says folding here is probably about neutral with calling.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No reads on any of the villains at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call down but fold if anyone raises the field at any point.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:58 PM

I would have to call to you might get lucky and hit an ace or he could just have ak fearing everyone would fold if he raised it is a big pot and you are 23-1 dog but in any case you should call.In small stakes game making big laydowns is not the key to success. Whats worse a bad fold or a bad call?
Old 06-10-2005, 05:59 PM

I think I would have to cautiously call down in this large pot. You can just muck if the other two decided if they want to kick up some action.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:00 PM

Making bad calldowns becomes quite expensive. In this hands theres been a lot of evidence that were behind. We also have only one clean out to trip aces which may not even be good.