Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2004, 05:30 PM

Default Re: First 15/30 Foray

This makes absolutely no sense.
Old 06-23-2004, 05:31 PM

Bet the turn to charge Kc? This makes absolutely no sense. You are proof my theory that even a monkey could beat the party 15/30.
Old 06-23-2004, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn to charge Kc? This makes absolutely no sense. You are proof my theory that even a monkey could beat the party 15/30.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you kindly explain your logic here?

Suppose UTG has KcQs and UTG+1 has 7c7h. How does betting the turn make no sense?

I'm not saying that I would fire again at the turn, but simply arguing that your statement is total nonsense.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:19 PM

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you kindly explain your logic here?

Suppose UTG has KcQs and UTG+1 has 7c7h. How does betting the turn make no sense?

I'm not saying that I would fire again at the turn, but simply arguing that your statement is total nonsense.

He wasn't trying to make sense. He was trying to be rude. Mission accomplished.

Charging people who are likely behind to draw out instead of giving them a free card. Eureka, what a concept.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sam, having played with you enough at 10/20 6-max to make this statement, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you are riding one big hot streak and things will come crashing down eventually if you don't change your style.

I also know I'm not alone in believing this.

Continue on.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the responses. Yeah, after thinking about it and discussing it with bicyclekick, about 1 minute after the hand, I realized how wrong NOT betting the turn was. As Steve said, it would have been different if I held the J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG+1 had 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the flopped flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
BTW, I hope you realize that UTG+1 played this very poorly. He should have either bet out or checkraised on the flop and then kept on betting. His hand is very vulnerable to a 4th club falling.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:44 PM

On the turn this seems like a situation where the JJ is a "collective underdog" so to speak against the most likely holdings of opponents. If the K of clubs is out there, it will be seeing the river regardless. You will not lose the pot because you check here unless its due to some fluke 2 outer. Certainly possible to be checkraised here on the turn by a worse hand. I think taking a free card and reacting accordingly on the river is the best plan.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn this seems like a situation where the JJ is a "collective underdog" so to speak against the most likely holdings of opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you mean by collective underdog, but if you're implying that JJ is ahead on the turn and has pot equity of <.33, you're wrong. Find me two opponent's hands where that is the case.

[ QUOTE ]
If the K of clubs is out there, it will be seeing the river regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, obviously. So you have the choice of giving him the draw for free or charging him one bet. What's the problem?

[ QUOTE ]
You will not lose the pot because you check here unless its due to some fluke 2 outer.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 2-outer? Did you even read the post? Honestly, I'm just really, really confused now.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:34 PM

The fact that the Kc is going to the river is precisely why you should bet!

-Michael
Old 06-24-2004, 02:21 AM

what davidross is suggesting is very reasonable. Your reply seems rather rude and with out any actual explanation of why you think, charging a singleton [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s is such a horrible play.