Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2004, 11:14 AM

Default Aggressive table

I found myself at a aggressive table at Party .5/1 the other night. I decided to keep playing there just to see how I handled the aggression. It was driven by two players: one solid, tight aggressive player and one borderline maniac (saw 60% of flops, raised PF 12%). Here are a couple of heads-up hands I played against them.

Hand 1:
A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in SB. Folded to CO (solid player described above) who raises. I call (I put him on a steal, so raise here?). Everyone else folds.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check. CO bets. I check raise. CO 3 bets. I call.

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check-call.

River: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check-call.

Hand 2:
A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP
I raise. Folded to SB (maniac) who calls. BB folds.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB bets. I raise. SB 3 bets. I cap. SB calls.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets. I call.

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets. I call.

Old 01-24-2004, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Aggressive table

Hand 1: I think you played it fine, although I might have bet out on the river, since I'ld be afraid that opponent might be willing to check it through after the third diamond hit. I am assuming that opponent showed KJ or QJ?

Hand 2: Why cap on the flop if you are only going to call on the turn? Since SB is a maniac, do you really believe that he is ahead at this point. You have TPTK and a draw to the nut flush. I would likely have raised him on the turn, and then considered slowing down if he three-bet again. If he did three-bet me on the turn, then I might just only call on the river if I failed to improve.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:49 PM

Default Results

On hand 2, I was concerned about him betting into me after I capped. I see now that was too weak. I guess I'm just too attuned to the passive play at these limits and put too much faith in aggression.

Hand 1: CO had J8 and took it down.
Hand 2: SB had 66.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Aggressive table

Hi Flounder,

Hand #1: This is a clear re-raise pre-Flop or fold situation. If you put him on a steal, you want to get the BB out so that your Ace-high has a better chance of winning. The rest is fine.

Hand #2: You played this one well.

-Brian