Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 12:01 PM

Default AA, 5\\10 ok line?

Im a 1\2short, 2\4ring\short player.
And i think its so exciting to watch 5\10++, and really looking forward to play there regular. I know the day will come. These days i take some shots at 5\10 ring, only sit there and feel the table. Playing weak, and the sharks can easy eat me in a alot of spots.

Why i post this hand, its because some friends of mine really hated my flop play. But im 100% sure i played the hand right. Im I out of my mind?

Villian pretty fishy, plays alot of hands

AA
I got 1,1k$
Villian 629$
Folded to me (cutoff) I make it 40

Villian(SB calls)

Flop J 7 A r (pot 90)
Villian check
I bet 40, villian limpraise to 80, I call 40 ( i think its not a hand that he can limpraise with, that got outs on turn)

Turn 9 dimonddraw ( pot 250)
Villian check
I bet 170, Villian calls

River 8c (pot 590)
Villian check
I start thinking, christ im not supprised he sitting with 10 in his hand, but checking the river vs him is too weak, I also know if i bet the river i can get called with a weaker hand.
I bet 300, Villian put the rest in 344, I call he show 89s
I take the pot.

Could i done anything differet? Reraise flop? Do you check river if ex he covers me or vs a great player?
Im very solid, so if ex a great players has the 10 there i would facing a river bet? not cr..?

Thanks for feedback
Old 12-01-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: AA, 5\\10 ok line?

Bet more on flop, and yes reraise flop. I dont think he'd lead again on turn after you call, so all you are doing is giving him a free turn. The min raise was just to test you becuase you bet so weak on flop. You do that, you take ti down right there. The rest if fine, river is a judgement call on what he can call with or not.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:26 PM

I would reraise that flop every time, because theres a good chance he has a set when he does that and you'll stack himn if he does.

You also are not going to like yourself very much if a K or Q falls if you dont reraise the flop.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:54 PM

Ye, i understand. IF i bet (pot) 90, and get limpraised its more acceptable to call? And go for a raise on turn(if he bets) or is that very naked? and I actually give away my hand that way? (Easier for ex AJ to get out?)

But Im also sure that I reraise the flop in this spot at 1\2-2\4.

But when I flopped set Aces at 5\10 there, I quickly got that shaking feeling again ( long time since ive had that)
And I maybe get a little greedy, slowing and hoping for a big pot.
BTW Iceman, do you play 5\10 Prima? Maybe alot of Icemans out there but.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:24 PM

Aside from obvious "bet more on the flop"

Guys, I don't really understand reraising flop part. Flop is very dry, so free turn is not that big a deal. A weak-tight guy, playing double above his usual game, who raised PF, comes out blasting on this flop, who the hell is gonna call? I think 3-bet here gets more respect than call/push any turn. Villain stack is shallow too, set or 2 pairs are not going anywhere anyway. I guess in this case where we had some limit poker on the flop, maybe one can consider reraise and look for good spot to stick the rest in on turn or river, depending on cards to come. However, it would seem to me that here the benefit of villain catching some help and paying us off outweights the risk of villain outdrawing us (and we have redraw against that too.)
I push the river.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:15 PM

Please don't put results in post
Old 12-01-2005, 05:44 PM

It seems to me that you are overlooking the basic fact that whenever an Ace flops there is always a straight draw. Villain could very likely hold something like QTs with a backdoor flush draw, or a set, or 2 pair.

I make a standard pot-sized CB and just hope that villain has a set, or will take me on with his AJ, since you could easily be on QTs yourself. If you get raised a re-raise is in order because villain can't tell if you're semi-bluffing to get a free card or have a made hand.

This is big bet poker. You are trying to find a way to get his stack. Don't be a caller, be a bettor.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:09 PM

Greygoo, i like your answere. Its exactly what I was thinking too.
With my image i cant splash around 3betting, even a fishy grandma would find her way out.

But when I become i regular 5\10plr with alot of cash. I agree abit with the others here.

Ok guys, dont lol know.

Im in a need to get better all the time.

Anyone in here who takes small jobs as mentor\coaching?
And may find it interessting to hear about potts smaller than the small blind where he usually plays. And help me to the next level.
( Im not just a lucky fish, played alot in 2years. bought pokertracker late this summer, I got 100k hands in PT from 1\2short - 2\4ring, short, with nice numbers)

PM me or something, would be great.