Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Meh, IDK about This one

Villain is 70/15/2 after 50 hands. But he doesn't seem to call flop bets w/o a pair unless it's a scary board someone's betting. He will usually let a flop go regardless of bet size unless he's hit, in which case he likes to go to showdown.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 3 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button ($59.05)
Hero ($23.30)
BB ($24.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
[color=#CC3333]Button raises to $0.5</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero (poster) raises to $1.9</font>, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, Button calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $2</font>, Button calls $2.

Turn: ($8.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]Button bets $4</font>, Hero calls $19.30

Also, I feel ridiculous going from $100 full to 25 6max. Should I just go to 50NL 6max and give it a shot?
Old 11-10-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Meh, IDK about This one

I see nothing wrong here. Obviously, you arent folding after this turn. Do you expect to get more out of him on the river by just calling? Not if another heart comes and he doesnt have one... Could he fold a better hand than yours when you push? No, he isnt folding AT, A6, A3, or a set or made flush, and no other 2pairs make sense for him.

I say push it here, if he has a heart and a pair, he'll probably come along for the ride. If he has you beat, he's not folding, nor should you given this board, with not all that much behind in the stack.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Meh, IDK about This one

[ QUOTE ]
I see nothing wrong here. Obviously, you arent folding after this turn. Do you expect to get more out of him on the river by just calling? Not if another heart comes and he doesnt have one... Could he fold a better hand than yours when you push? No, he isnt folding AT, A6, A3, or a set or made flush, and no other 2pairs make sense for him.

I say push it here, if he has a heart and a pair, he'll probably come along for the ride. If he has you beat, he's not folding, nor should you given this board, with not all that much behind in the stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno something just seems off, lead 3bet might be better? or bet more on flop?