Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Calling a River Push with AA

Pretty typical situation at 25nl. I raise an ep and mp limper with AA, mp calls. 652 flush draw hits, its checked to me and I throw in 3/4 pot. He calls and an 8 turns, I check behind him fearing a check-raise from a set. A 2 rivers and he pushes for around 20 with around 9 in the pot. I think he might be trying to represent that 2 and I decide to call partly for curiosity. To make sure when I normaly make these folds they are correct. He has a set of 5's.

Would you guys have folded the river if you'd chosen the same line up to that point. Would you have bet the turn? What if he just called again and then pushed the river?
Old 06-01-2005, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Calling a River Push with AA

[ QUOTE ]
He calls and an 8 turns, I check behind him fearing a check-raise from a set.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not giving him an opportunity to tell you he has a set doesn't mean that he doesn't have a set.

[ QUOTE ]
I think he might be trying to represent that 2 and I decide to call partly for curiosity.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think "curiousity" ranks too far up the list of "reasons to call a 2x pot bet on the river".

[ QUOTE ]
To make sure when I normaly make these folds they are correct.

[/ QUOTE ]
How correct it is to make this fold depends on the villain.
It sounds as if you're trying to justify being enamoured with aces.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:31 AM

Cabala would you mind quoting and answering the section of my post that asked questions? The part you responded to was meant to give information, not to be given for critique.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cabala would you mind quoting and answering the section of my post that asked questions?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Would you guys have folded the river if you'd chosen the same line up to that point. Would you have bet the turn? What if he just called again and then pushed the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, yes, needs more information, i.e. stack sizes, read on villain.

Why is your thought process exempt from critique? You're giving information as to why you made various decisions. If you're asking people if they'd make a different decision, are you not interested in why they'd make a different decision?