Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2004, 03:21 PM

Default Re: UTG is an open book, and youre just waiting for him to push his 2K...

Five handed he can't limp with TT 99 77 or 33?
Old 08-11-2004, 03:27 PM

Default Re: UTG is an open book, and youre just waiting for him to push his 2K

[ QUOTE ]
there is a lesson here dipshit

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it? That if you have two pair and someone has a higher pair and another board card pairs, you get counterfeited? Is that it?
Old 08-11-2004, 03:38 PM

Default Re: UTG is an open book, and youre just waiting for him to push his 2K...

[ QUOTE ]
you guys are so dumb, it is entiraly possible to read Mr limp-utg-with-aces guy for AA/KK with almost 100% certainty. Lets assume hes a weak/tight player who would only play JJ+ and perhaps AKs UTG. Now you happend to know by observing his play that he habitally raise with JJ and QQ but limp with AA and KK...there you go, you have put him on aces or kings just by watching him limp UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

5:1 that graywolf is aka collegeplayer
Old 08-11-2004, 04:18 PM

honestly, I think that the hand was kind of interesting and could've been something other than a normal bad-beat story.....however, the way you posted it, it was still a bad-beat story.....had you posted it up until the turn and then asked a question or made some kind of point (that was irrelevant of the result), I think that would've been fine....or, if you had wrote in the subject heading that it was a bad-beat story, that also would've been fine because then others can read at their own discretion.....but the combination of just posting the hand history, giving the results outright (clearly intended to show a bad beat), and then making no other point about the hand - that to me makes it just a bad-beat post....though like I said, I think there might've been some things of interest (moreso than a normal bad-beat post) had it been posted differently....
Old 08-11-2004, 05:16 PM

I am kind of surprised that there has not been a "play me heads-up and we'll see who's bad!!" post yet. Those are some of my favorites.

Also, CollegePlayer, this thread would have been 100% different had you left out the results for a few moments and dropped in a simple "what do you think?" Of course, you would have received many fewer respoonses in that case since the hand is boring and involves you pushing with two-pair against someone who has an overpair, but still.

Good luck getting the two G's back (seriously)....work on your posting style a little though....everyone has something to give to this site whether they know it or not, and I am sure you have some interesting hands you could share with us -- this was not one of them. Plus, I doubt you want to be known as the arrogant pr1ck who posts bad beat stories with no poker content [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Do you see why??

The lesson? Sometimes AA beats 97...shake it off.

Set sail...
-tpir
Old 08-11-2004, 05:29 PM

I feel the bad beat police lurking somewhere...

Garland
Old 08-11-2004, 05:40 PM

Default Re: UTG is an open book, and youre just waiting for him to push his 2K

[ QUOTE ]
I am kind of surprised that there has not been a "play me heads-up and we'll see who's bad!!" post yet. Those are some of my favorites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, good point.

CollegePlayer, please let me know if you'd like to play some HU NL to get your money back.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:48 PM

He had the best hand going in, and coming out, whats the problem? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2004, 06:28 PM

This post sucks.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:33 PM

This thread is mostly not worth reading...
Someone in the thread mentioned this was 5 handed - if it is indeed 5 handed I don't think you can put UTG on AA or KK. If it is a full ring game I think its fairly easy to do so. I agree with CollegePlayer with the fact that some people always come into the pot raising except when they limp reraise. Otherwise they just don't come into the pot. This isn't all that common. Anyways, lets pretend for a moment, that UTG cards are face up. And we know he has AA. Would you limp with the 9/7? I would just stay out of the pot myself. College if your read is so good you know he has AA or KK. Why do you get involved with 9/7? I suppose you have implied odds. But if you limp - and someone raised between you and UTG you know UTG will reraise and you will lay down. You are tossing your BB away often. And rarely flopping a made hand against him. The whole thing seems silly to me.