Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Interesting live hand

$2 to $150 spread limit, (yes I know this is the PL/NL forum, but this is as close a match as there is here). I have about $600, villian ~$550.

I have been at the table for about 3 hours, playing few hands and only showing down the nuts or second nuts. I have been aggressive and tricky. Villian has been making a lot of weak ($6) raises regardless of position or holdings. He has shown that he can be tricky and aggressive.

I am the BB, villian is UTG and limps, a couple of other limpers of no concern, I have AK spades and raise to $25, UTG tanks for a couple and raises to $50 and it folds back to me and I flat call thinking this smells a little like AA limped UTG but this is a tricky player and I want to see the flop with him...

Flop: A83 two diamonds. I lead out $75, UTG raises to $150... Something smells wrong here... I call.

Turn: K. I lead out $150, UTG calls.

River: 3 diamond. I lead out $150, UTG goes into the tank and then mucks.

Comments?
Old 05-29-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Interesting live hand

If you think he flopped a set of aces why do you lead out and then call his min raise?
Old 05-29-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Interesting live hand

[ QUOTE ]
If you think he flopped a set of aces why do you lead out and then call his min raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Something "smelled" wrong. He bet/acted like he had AA, but I just could not put him on that hand. The key here is the turn and river and his prior play. His flat call of the turn, plays like AA again, but the river should have brought a big raise if he had AA or 88 or two big diamonds, but it brought the muck instead. Basically we both played it like we had AA. But since I took the lead I put him in a position of weakness, having to have the hand he was representing. For him to call the river he had to have a set on the flop or the flush.

It was funny after the hand another player commented "Good I thought I was going to have to ask the dealer to spread the deck to find the extra aces!"