Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Height....

i can vouch for this whole height thing.

i'm only 5'6" and i was only modest looking BEFORE i started losing my hair.

thank god i'm so freaking clever and funny or i would NEVER get any action and that would truly suck.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:50 AM

Default Re: 10,000 Views!

Sorry but should this not be in the news views and gossip forum.

Wheres wrong forum man when you need him.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:08 AM

Default OK Andy...

Since you haven't responded by now and are such a nice guy I will give you a break and explain 85% of it.

It is distressing when my mediocre attempts at humor fall flat. I don't know whether that is more my fault or more the fault of the reader. Anyway, try reading "Why isn't this obvious?" in the same spirit as your "Do you see why not?" and see what you come up with.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:04 AM

well considering that there are 12192 Registred Users, I think there were more than a few repeat visitors.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:33 AM

If that is an example of logic im not and dont want to be Mark
Old 07-21-2004, 01:23 PM

So that's the reason women don't talk to me. They are all too intimidated by my throbbing cerebral lobes.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:02 PM

Gabe, you rule. I know lots of top physicists, BTW.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As I said, I will stop at almost nothing to get my point across.

[/ QUOTE ]
That sounds like a religious fanatic. Why is it so important to you to have people see the world as you do? This is actually disturbing. But I see this kind of fanaticism in computer geeks that I know and work with. Scary.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:09 AM

Here's a stumbling point difficult to overcome: How do you even notice or evaluate intelligence when you don't have much yourself? For some people, higher than average intelligence is just a part of the spectrum they can't see. And what some potential objects of their affection probably fairly perceive to be a good quality, maybe their best one, and an outstanding attribute, can not just go unnoticed, but be perfectly invisible. If it were put on a movie screen 50 feet high, it wouldn't be the least bit bigger.

Without possessing the perceptual apparatus oneself, there is nothing to perceive.

Now, if intelligent men were solely attracted to intelligent women, the failure of unintelligent women to recognize and value in men the less-than-immediately-obvious qualty of intelligence wouldn't matter to men. Men, however, generally want to get laid. And FAST!

And not only do they generally not care to restrict their making of the beast with two backs only to intelligent partners, let's face it -- the smarter women probably reject them more(sometimes a reliable indication of intelligence in itself) or at least are more likely to make more difficult or lengthy the sometimes arduous process of getting down to the business of making the nasty. For the immediate concerns of men, dumbness in women can be a positive boon!

Therein lies an irony, however, for the man who at least thinks he has much more in the way of intelligence than looks. The dumb women aren't going to notice or care about his smarts anyway, so you plug-uglies better work on getting that washboard stomach thing going, do some squats at the gym, and, heck -- you know, clean yourselves up a bit or something, for God's sake. And throw away those old T-shirts! And really, how long has it been since you vaccuumed a little?

Also, who among even smart men or women knows how intelligent someone is just by looking at them anyway? The visual comes first in the timeline of getting to know someone or finding them attractive unless you start off as penpals, and visual impressions must be overcome if any other consideratins are to come into play. So people who are not visibly immediately attractive will often find they have to do quite a sales job to get others to even begin to think of them in a sexual context at all. Or even as animate objects.

So the physical sells itself immediately and is always applicable, while intelligence may not even be noticeable, and at any rate doesn't become perceivable before one has already had a chance to succeed or fail, to be attracted or repelled, on a physical level.

How about lack of intelligence as a selling point?

Thinking that many men prefer compliant, passive, non-intimidating, or outright dumb women, some women try to hide their intelligence and capability in front of men, particularly potential sexual partners. Have you ever been on a "stepford date" -- one that felt kind of spooky because a woman just seemed to agree to absolutely everything you said? It can be a strange combination of gratifying in a small way, at least for the effort and goodwill expended, and at the same time utterly chilling.

Contrarily, when it comes to seeming more attractive because of being dumb, men have an innate natural advantage over women in that any surge of hormones or sexual awareness can cause the I.Q.'s of men to plummet catastrophically. When we're sexually attracted, it's not hard to fake being dumb.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:13 AM

Umm, the whole thread was a joke. The comment that I would stop at nothing was a precursor to the joke. I thought that this was obvious even to those who decided to discuss the attracting woman points seriously. Now I'm not so sure.