Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Post Your Most Awkward/Unusual First Date

Out with co-workers I came upon this hot 19yr. old girl in a bar in Manhattan. (She had fake id) She was out with her friends, fellow Fordham University students. Anyways, 2 hours after chatting it up I got the balls to ask her for her number. On the way back from the bar with drinks in hand she pushed her number into my back pocket (very good sign). A day later I gave her a call and set up a date in the city after I got off of work.

Here's the date: I took her to a fancy Italian restaurant on 54th street on the west side. I order a bottle of Isole e Olena, Chianti Classico. (great wine, by the way) We get a nice buzz on and completely forget about the time. Half way through the dinner she tells me she missed the Fordham shuttle bus back to her campus in the Bronx. She is upset because she is afraid to take the subway or a cab by herself at night. I offered to drive her home if she wouldn't mind taking the LIRR (the train) back to my house on Long Island. She agrees.

At Penn Station our train is announced. We both walk down the platform and I suggest moving towards the middle of the train where there are more seats. I point to the car we should board and tell her to grab any seat she can, before it fills up. (note: I have her coat, my coat, my work bag, and some other things in my hand, so I'm dragging slightly behind her.) Not a second after I point to the train car I get distracted by something and when I return my eyes forward she is GONE FROM SIGHT!!!

Suddenly I hear screams from other passengers. "Oh my god!" "Holy crap!" "Someone get her!"

My date had miraculously, almost unexplainably, fallen through the 12 inch gap that seperates the train from the platform. She was just barely holding herself up from falling COMPLETELY through, to the tracks below. She was in a complete state of shock and wasn't saying a word, which made the moment even more unusual.

So I dropped the coats, pulled her out, and put her down on the platform. As she was getting back to her feet everyone noticed her legs, which were covered in blood. On her way down the hole, she apparently sliced up her legs. The bleading wasn't terrible--we were able to stop it a minute later--but it did create more drama (as if we needed that).

Not surprisingly she was mortified. She kept on saying that I would never forget her and that I would never go out on a date with her again.

She was wrong about the second point. I dated her for a couple of months and then broke it off.

Can someone beat that first date story? I'd love to read one.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Post Your Most Awkward/Unusual First Date

Did you miraculously slip into her gap after that?
Old 11-16-2005, 05:35 PM

I have a first date story that involves a mule, a midget arm-wrestling champion, 2 kilos of PCP, and a Cuisinart but I sure as hell aint going to post it here.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:38 PM

Went on a first date with a much older woman (I was 16-17, she was 27). Going well, then she started going on about how she'd just been dumped, and then went on a man-hating rant that lasted some time (we were in a country pub - people could hear). I had to stay cos we'd gone somewhere in the country in her car, so no way home without a looooong walk.

Finally she drove me home, and burst into tears in the car. I tried to comfort psycho-lady with just a hand on her shoulder, and she hissed 'don't you touch meeeeeee!'

That was a long night.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:41 PM

I'm not sure if it really counts as a first date but when I was in Italy for just one night with a friend we went to a bar and he picked up a girl and brought her back to our hotel room. She then ignored him and slept (and other things) in my bed. That was awkward. Although not with the girl.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:46 PM

Don't know if this beats bodily harm, but...

I took a girl out on a first date to go see a play at our local matchbox theatre. They were putting on "Angels in America," a play about the 1980's AIDS epidemic in the gay community, complete with death, full male nudity and a rape scene. It was actually a good performance, but pretty damned awkward for a first date.

She didn't talk to me after that. That's okay, she didn't have much interesting to say anyways.

ScottieK
Old 11-16-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He did, but once again, blood eeeeeverywhere
Old 11-16-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know if this beats bodily harm, but...

I took a girl out on a first date to go see a play at our local matchbox theatre. They were putting on "Angels in America," a play about the 1980's AIDS epidemic in the gay community, complete with death, full male nudity and a rape scene. It was actually a good performance, but pretty damned awkward for a first date.

She didn't talk to me after that. That's okay, she didn't have much interesting to say anyways.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just ka-razee, man.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew someone would ask me this. At this risk of being flamed, I have to say that I did not slip the gap even though I had the opportunity.

For the first 2 months she would do nothing but perform the Monica Lewinsky trick, which was fine, but she also gave off this vibe that she wasn't ready for the next step...not just yet.

One night she turns to me and whispers that she was a virgin and wanted me to be her first. (Uh-oh.......)
I broke up wither her 2 weeks later.

Partial explanation that will satisfy no one: I just couldn't do it. I was in my early 20's and had gone through my most disgusting, whore-filled period of my life. I had nailed everything in sight, EVERYTHING---from hot chicks to fat chicks and almost every kind of chick in between. It was a good 2 years of this debauchery and I was starting to tire of it.

And then I met this sweet, innocent, 19yr old college girl who wanted ME (of all people) to be her "special" first timer.

I wasn't ready for that crap. I was still scum; I hadn't completely changed. So I did the honorable thing. I broke it off.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:04 PM

Don't you realise you're supposed to reform right AFTER you bang the sweet hot 19 year old virgin? What a [censored].