Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 08:22 PM

Default What has been your best month yet in NL, is this possible?

I was just in the general forum

(link)

and this PHENOMENOM claims (and I dont doubt him becuase his a respected poster )

[ QUOTE ]
This month so far. Over 50k and it's not over yet...

[/ QUOTE ]

(he means 50k $ )

Is this even possible in NL I mean should I move to limit. WTF [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] This guy is playing aroung 40K hands a month but making 50K$ isnt it insane.

Please tell me to stick to NL

mushi [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Re: What has been your best month yet in NL, is this possible?

One of the players in the mid-high NL forum claims to be up 30k at the new Party 1000 tables already. And that doesn't seem too improbable for anyone that's multi-tabling them full-time and getting a bit of favorable luck. At a modest winrate of 7.5PTBB/100 you'd be winning about $3/hand, so you'd need about 10k hands per week. Tough, but possible.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the players in the mid-high NL forum claims to be up 30k at the new Party 1000 tables already. And that doesn't seem too improbable for anyone that's multi-tabling them full-time and getting a bit of favorable luck. At a modest winrate of 7.5PTBB/100 you'd be winning about $3/hand, so you'd need about 10k hands per week. Tough, but possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt that poster has made the much

but maybe i'm just a cynic. (that guy = a joke)
Old 03-09-2005, 08:35 PM

Yeah, I kinda doubt that, seeing as I have 6k hands logged on him and he's up nowhere near that much.

But, I reckon about 5 people have cleared 30k in the 6 Max NL games.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I kinda doubt that, seeing as I have 6k hands logged on him and he's up nowhere near that much.

But, I reckon about 5 people have cleared 30k in the 6 Max NL games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm not doubting people have crossed the 30k mark, (I probably just sound bitter / jealous) but I am doubting HE'S done it. =)
Old 03-09-2005, 08:45 PM

Haven't you been doing really well in the 6max game Yeti? If you are who I think you are I often see you sitting quite well in these games.

It would be be great if you posted more hands (especially since they are 6max) in the Mid-High stakes forum, there really haven't been as many interesting hands posted there since party opened these tables as I would have hoped.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't you been doing really well in the 6max game Yeti? If you are who I think you are I often see you sitting quite well in these games.

It would be be great if you posted more hands (especially since they are 6max) in the Mid-High stakes forum, there really haven't been as many interesting hands posted there since party opened these tables as I would have hoped.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've run unsustainably good so far, yeah. Maybe I am who you think, maybe not. Please don't guess or post my username though.

I do have an interesting hand or two to post, it's just that posting a hand can make it pretty obvious who you are, which I don't really want. Maybe in a day or two..
Old 03-10-2005, 01:06 AM

Don't worry man, I would never do that. That is your perogative if you want people to know your username not mine.

If you could post some hands and change details so people don't figure your handle out I am sure most of us would greatly appreciate seeing some good higher stacks 6max hands.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:59 PM

I didn't say that I believed him. Just that it's possible.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:53 PM

There is not much practical earnings limit playing either limit or no limit. It is basically a style issue, I think. If you prefer to play 8 tables of 15/30 you can probably make the same amount of money that way as by playing 3 tables of 25/50 NL or whatever (I am too lazy to make reasonable assumptions and do the math, but it should be clear that this is an easy exercise to do). So it just comes down to which game better fits your skill set and your playing style. And nothing says that you can't play both. But for me, and I'm guessing for you, the largest determinant of my earnings for the near future is the level of stakes that I play. So I am just working on improving my game and building my bankroll and then moving up stakes. Certainly NL is not the limiting factor on my win rate.