Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Cross post regarding Lindgen\'s JJ hand...

There is currently a thread in the WPT forum regarding the JJ hand Lindgren played on the WSOP circuit event the other night.

I wanted to post here and get some opinions from those who saw the broadcast. My opinion was the Lindgren misplayed the hand. I felt that Chad Brown would limp/call a raise UTG with any PP higher then JJ, and that none of the other players would limp behind two limpers with a PP higher than JJ. I expressed in the aforementioned thread, that IMO, the only person who could have Lindgren beat was Henry Chan who raised from the BB. Given the way he was playing, i felt that JJ had very positive equity against his range. (He was calling all ins with AJ, Pushing in on draws, etc...) I was becoming frustrated by the number of people in the other thread basically saying, "Oh Eric is such a great player, there is no reason for him to put his money in with jacks." I feel this hand was interesting because it had lots of quirky action, but given the information available to Eric, he really misplayed it. I wanted to see what people here thought. Please consider the action, and don't make blanket statements like, "You should never put your money in with JJ if you have a decent stack," because generalizations like that simply are not true.

Gabe
Old 07-27-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Cross post regarding Lindgen\'s JJ hand...

he didnt call the all-in with AJ, or push the draw all-in until after this hand. he played fast and loose as a big stack, but we really have no idea how he played as a medium stack.

Also, there is certainly nothing wrong with calling with JJ preflop, nor is there anything wrong with raising. The raise from the BB was particularly odd in that it was quite small, which frequently means AA. Check out Barry Greenstein's post in the other thread. He sums it up quite well.