Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 11:05 PM

Default My last hand in the PP $350K

Flame on !!

***** Hand History for Game 2419188597 *****
NL Texas Hold'em Trny:14221326 Level:19 Blinds (5000/10000) - Sunday, July 24, 22:44:27 EDT 2005
Table $350K Guaranteed(382595) Table #4 (Real Money)
Seat 8 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 2: sirio11 ( $164046 )
Seat 4: pkrgrl ( $69396 )
Seat 5: cruzitoAA ( $175643 )
Seat 6: bigmiiiiike ( $104215 )
Seat 7: dixiechick32 ( $132033 )
Seat 10: mrbandit ( $190830 )
Seat 8: TheRealBeat ( $94099 )
Seat 3: jacksup ( $244035 )
Seat 9: Mikey_D001 ( $192009 )
Trny:14221326 Level:19
Blinds (5000/10000)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to sirio11 [ 8h 8d ]
sirio11 raises [42900].
colson10: thats the only one i know of you can get off the net, but they showed a longer one in canada
jacksup is all-In.
pkrgrl folds.
cruzitoAA folds.
bigmiiiiike folds.
colson10: which had the K5 hand
dixiechick32 folds.
TheRealBeat folds.
Mikey_D001 folds.
I_STRONG: I see... could only find one on torrents.
mrbandit folds.
coca_poker: whoa
sirio11: let me see your face Matt
Ms_Leading: go matt!!!!!!!!!
jacksup: [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Your time bank will become active in less than 20 seconds. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
calllll
call
cc
sirio11 will be using his time bank for this hand.
KQs
I can smell premoiums
your're folding sirio
2:1 on his money
are they like chrysanthemums?
whats the name of your book Matt?
lol
sirio11 is all-In.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9s, 9h, 4s ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2c ]
** Dealing River ** [ 3h ]
sirio11 shows [ 8h, 8d ] two pairs, nines and eights.
jacksup shows [ Qh, Qd ] two pairs, queens and nines.
jacksup wins 79989 chips from side pot #1 with two pairs, queens and nines.
jacksup wins 343092 chips from the main pot with two pairs, queens and nines.
Player sirio11 finished in 35 place and received $2000
nooooo
not 4:1
sirio11 has left the table.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: My last hand in the PP $350K

to facilitate the flaming [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sirio's last hand
Old 07-24-2005, 11:09 PM

You are a very good tourney player. Was this just a mistake? or did you have a good reason for making this move. What was your decision process?
Old 07-24-2005, 11:17 PM

as has been said.. you are looking at a bigger pair AK. not good enough for me getting 2:1.
also, why such a big raise? why not 3xbb or so? it will probably help you get away from the hand a little easier with a smaller raise.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are a very good tourney player. Was this just a mistake? or did you have a good reason for making this move. What was your decision process?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was a mistake, but a close one, looking at the odds. There were 3 main reasons to call here.

1- I thought I have the odds, or at least it was very close.

2- I want to accumulate a big stack for the final table, so basically I'm taking a gamble here.

3- I want them to think that playing back at me does not have a great FE.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:36 PM

Unless you had some very good reads on the villian, I think we all can agree that you misplayed this hand. I'm very aware of your poker talent and pedigree, so there is no need for any of us to flame you here.

My question to you is do you think that this play was affected at all by outside factors? such as fatigue (this was the 6th hour of this tourney by the way) and maybe from playing multiple tables? The reason I ask is I seem to make more mistakes when I'm tired especially late in multis.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, why such a big raise? why not 3xbb or so? it will probably help you get away from the hand a little easier with a smaller raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

these were my thoughts as well....you were the aggressor on the table but the other big stack at the table decided to play back at you for all his chips. He either has AK or QQ+. I am not even sure you want a coin flip in this situation either.

Lay it down, play on, and wait to keep stealing.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:53 PM

I like absolutely nothing about this. I see a lot of people with the mid pairs make the real big PF raise and then get sick when someone makes the big over the top reraise. As much as I may hate to do it here, I'm laying 88's down for all my chips when I still have 12x BB behind. I prefer the smaller raise to 25K- 30K which I think serves the same purpose.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:54 PM

in my opinion there are more reasons against playing this hand, this way, in this situaiton. First off lets get into your first course of action you raised 1/4 of your stack and you are completely out of position with everbody yet act. You are healthier then most, your bet represents about half the stack of about half the table, if one of the 4 medium/small stacks calls you they are first to act and pot committed and will be forced to go all in first on the flop with some exceptions. In this case if any paint or any 3 of one suit falls you will be faced with the decision of deciphering whether player x is bluffing or not at a minimum cost of half your stack. If they are bluffing they still have a 25% shot to win with 2 overs at that point or other draws, unless of course you flop an 8 the odds on that are between 7 and 8 to 1. you should limp or raise the min. the limp may flop you an 8 and win you a huge pot, the minimum raise could take the blinds right there but in both cases you are able to get away with no hard feelings about the hand.
On calling the all in from jacksup, peoples opinions will vary with mine and it was unfortunate that it was the big stack on the small blind with a monster hand, 88's are just to weak there, there is the possibilty that he has AK/ AQ but you are 3rd biggest stack and if he loses thats 2/3's of his chips putting him almost last at the table with ak/aq a call or a pot sized raise would be more likely (although i have to speculate without knowing this players table image)which means that he is most likely on jacks or better possibly 9's or 10's and very little chance that is a lower pair or and small chance that he has 2 overs.
if he has 2 overs 25% of the time you win half those 12.5%, higher pair 70% of the time you win 1/5 of those 14% and smaller pairs/ under cards 5% of the time you win 80% thats 4% more add those up you win about 30% of the time in that situation roughly give or take a few, not good enough to call with that much at stake. fold to the reraise take your 120k suck it up your still healthy enough to threaten anyone's stack with serious damage even after the blinds with 105k.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:00 AM

As everyone else has stated, Im not on your level but I dont see why you would play this. You've been aggressive and someone that has you covered has stood up to you. You said you wanted to get a big stack for the final table, but there's other chances besides this to accumulate some more chips.

What are you hoping he has? AK? You're either a coin flip or a huge underdog to higher pocket pair, and with your chip stack it's not worth the gamble. As stated before I would also do a smaller pre flop raise in case this situation happened so I could comfortable lay it down.