Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Ways in which Republicans love freedom...

1. A conservative Republican State Senator from KS, Kay O'Connor (yes, a woman opposed to her own rights) is opposed to the 19th amendment...For some reason, the party has yet to disown her and she's running for Secretary of State in KS.

2. It is mostly Bible-thumping House and Senate REPUBLICANS who are leading the charge to ban online poker in the U.S. (And for this they should not be allowed to exist. As I'm sure you would all agree.)

3. Many Republican-run state legislators supported laws to punish people for their choice of sexual positions. Laws which the SC, much to the chagrin of neo-Nazi religious wackos, had the good sense to overturn.

4. George W. Bush's son has business ties form Chinese "Communist" Party chairman Jiang Zemin. Furthermore, members of Taiwan's People First Party, a far-right party dedicated to stopping Taiwanese nationalism, went to the GOP Convention. China and America are the ultimate enemies of freedom!

5. Bush advertised the endorsement of theocratic extremist "Dr." James Dobson (Focus on the Family (I prefer Fascist on the Faggots though.)) on his "re"-election website. Dobson runs a mega-church in Taipei that burns Harry Potter books every week, randomly accuses cartoon characters of futhering the cause of some nebulous "gay agenda", and is leading a charge to block the phone lines of Canadian lawmakers who support equal marriage. Stay the [censored] out of my country if you know what's good for you, Nazi goon.

6. The Texas Republican Party, from which Dumbya hails, is an overt enemy of secularism and religious freedom, calling for the transformation of American into a "Christian nation" and "rejecting the doctrine of separation of church and state." If you do not find this scary, you are probably too stupid and logically unsound to be a remotely decent poker player.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Ways in which Republicans love freedom...

Hahahahaha, W doesn't have a son.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:55 PM

Well, that was 30 seconds of my life that I'll never get back
Old 06-11-2005, 12:57 PM

I can't believe someone read all the way to #3.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. It is mostly Bible-thumping House and Senate REPUBLICANS who are leading the charge to ban online poker in the U.S. (And for this they should not be allowed to exist. As I'm sure you would all agree.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no friend to the Republicans, and I think they will come under pressure to ban it, but I'm currently not aware of any Rep/Senator who is leading the charge against it...

got any sources?

RB
Old 06-11-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no friend to the Republicans, and I think they will come under pressure to ban it, but I'm currently not aware of any Rep/Senator who is leading the charge against it...

got any sources?

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.cardplayer.com/pokerlaw/legislation.php

A couple of Dimmocrats there, but mostly Rethugs.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:48 PM

The Second Amendment

Supported by Republicans and under attack by Democrats everywhere

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Now you can take your dumbazz, most likely clouded by drugs and booze, stupid, unfounded opinions and stick them somewhere that your "homosexual" friends would like to explore.

For the record, I vote republican because it's a hell of a lot better then the one viable alternative. That does not mean I agree with everything they stand for either. I have nothing against homosexuality, I am Pro-Choice and I think they should keep their religious views to themselves. But the republicans are far more in line with my views on good old red blooded american freedom than any liberal gun control loving democrat.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:50 PM

I used to be a Republican. But they are the GREATER of two evils by far, in my opinion. So I switched to Democrat.

But I generally vote on a case by case basis. Those who vote for one party on every hanging chad card for their whole lives are simple-minded fools.

And, oh yeah, the 2nd Amendment sucks, is outdated, and should be repealed. That ought to hold you for a while.

-ptmusic
Old 06-14-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to be a Republican. But they are the GREATER of two evils by far, in my opinion. So I switched to Democrat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted mostly Republican in the most recent election because I think the Democrats are the lesser of two goods.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:52 PM

I will admit there are things I like about both Republicans and Democrats. I would actually consider myself to be a Libertarian at heart but there is not enough support out there to make it a "Viable" party. So due to the Republican conservative economic views and support of the second ammendment they get my vote. I just really wish they would keep their damn noses a little bit more out of folks personal business.

As far as second amendment goes: I do feel pretty strongly about my right to keep and bear arms. I do not think it is outdated and certainly doesn't "suck". BTW, just saying something "Sucks" really doesn't make for much of a valid arguement. I believe I have the right to own as many weapons as I want, I have the right to use those weapons to fill every tag and permit I buy to kill Deer, Elk, Antelope, Buffalo, Turkeys and any other legal game animal that I can hunt and I have the right to use those animals to feed myself and my family, which I do. I do not believe guns are the evil things some people make them out to be. The bad guys are the evil things out there who hurt other people. If we didn't have guns the bad guys would be killing other people with stone knives and clubs.

I guess you can be glad that you live in a place that lets you decide if you want to have a gun or not. I am glad I have the choice to own guns. I am equally glad that you have the right, not to mention the freedom and safety in your day to day life to not own a gun.