Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Party Hit a Home Run With ShareHolders

Given the rapid influx of players back to party, i really don't understand why the stock is tanking.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the rapid influx of players back to party, i really don't understand why the stock is tanking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think now would be a good time to buy.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is only partially due to the split with the skins. Another factor is that Empire had a note out today about their growth numbers not being good. All online gaming stocks are getting hit because of that. But the split definitely hurt Party stock because everyone is worried about increased competition.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think now would be a good time to buy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let it crash a bit further, but yeah... seems like Party stock might be worth buying once it bottoms out.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:49 PM

EPS = $0.00

Where are the profits going?
Old 10-10-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EPS = $0.00

Where are the profits going?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are still there, Yahoo just hasnt listed it
Old 10-10-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
poaches their long term growth potential for short term profit

[/ QUOTE ]
What they did this weekend was the exact opposite. By having many hours of downtime on a Saturday and because of the time it will take for skin players to migrate over to Party (many, like me, aren't playing at Party at all right now until the situation with rakeback, etc., is sorted out), they are giving up a lot of short term profit. But this is great for their longterm financial growth because it will lead to a situation where everyone who used to play on the skins now plays on Party, which means that they get to keep the rake that used to go into the pockets of Empire Poker, etc. They are sacrificing the rake they would get this week by running things smoothly in order to cut off the "middlemen" that they don't need anymore, which is a good business move.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
poaches their long term growth potential for short term profit

[/ QUOTE ]
What they did this weekend was the exact opposite. By having many hours of downtime on a Saturday and because of the time it will take for skin players to migrate over to Party (many, like me, aren't playing at Party at all right now until the situation with rakeback, etc., is sorted out), they are giving up a lot of short term profit. But this is great for their longterm financial growth because it will lead to a situation where everyone who used to play on the skins now plays on Party, which means that they get to keep the rake that used to go into the pockets of Empire Poker, etc. They are sacrificing the rake they would get this week by running things smoothly in order to cut off the "middlemen" that they don't need anymore, which is a good business move.

[/ QUOTE ]

why did they decide they would want middlemen in the first place? I understand the need outside of the United States, but the rest like Empire and such seem useless.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's nothing compared to Empire. That puppy is down over 30 percent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I think party will recover but I am not that sure that Empire will that! Will empire survive?
Old 10-10-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What they did this weekend was the exact opposite. By having many hours of downtime on a Saturday and because of the time it will take for skin players to migrate over to Party (many, like me, aren't playing at Party at all right now until the situation with rakeback, etc., is sorted out), they are giving up a lot of short term profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of disagree.. Few hours of downtime is nothing.. It's not even short term. A fraction of players migrating or not is not an issue.. Short term is 6 months or maybe 1 year.. Long term they will face a more fierrce competition, 2+ years