Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 05:38 AM

Default Re: New Pokerroom Rate Structure?

Hmm... they seem to have increased the % but lowered the cap. Since the max cap is still $3 (as previous) but also not more than one big blind this should mean a lower rake at lower limits (where the big blind is under $3). At $0.50/$1 the max rake is suddenly just $0.50... Also the heads-up rake seems a lot lower than before.

The Quirky Kirko
Old 08-31-2005, 07:43 AM

What does PokerRoom.com's rake structure look like?
Old 08-31-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm... they seem to have increased the % but lowered the cap. Since the max cap is still $3 (as previous) but also not more than one big blind this should mean a lower rake at lower limits (where the big blind is under $3). At $0.50/$1 the max rake is suddenly just $0.50... Also the heads-up rake seems a lot lower than before.

[/ QUOTE ]

A LOT lower. I don't understand all the fuss. If you guys read the actual chart, more hands will be raked (I don't see a no flop, no drop rule, for instance), and the rake at each cut-off point will be high, but the cap on ANY pot is one big blind, max $3. So if you are playing a 2/4 table, you'll never see a $3 rake. Ever. At 10/20, the biggest rake is $3, which you'll see on any pot of $40 or more.

It does mean the lower limits can't clear bonuses. A .25/.50 table will never be raked at .50, so you'll never get any points. A .50/1 table can only clear a half a point at a time, and they'll only do that if the pot is $6 or more.

I'm sorry, but you guys need to read before you start grousing. It isn't clear to me at all that this will increase the total take for PR.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:15 PM

For 5-10 players for NL:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
Pot Size(BB) 4BB 4+ 12- 12+ 20 32- 32 40
Rake(BB) .1BB .4 .4 1 1 1 2 2
Rake(% PotSize) 2.5% 10 3.3 8.3 5 3.1 6.3 5

Max Rake($) 0.5 2 2 3 3 3 3 3
Rake Cap'd $5BB 5 5 3 3 3 1.5
(Game $BB)
</pre><hr />

At the break points: 4BB, 12BB and 32BB the rake as a proportion of the pot is 10%, 8.3%, and 6.3% respectively.
It declines until the next higher break point, in any, to 3.3%(@12-) and 3.1%(@32-).

Depending on the size game you play the rake cap may or may not affect you, e.g the $0.50 rake cap at 4BB is not relevant unless your game has a BB of $5 or more.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Figuring limit, 5 or more players rates from their stupid little chart:

1/2: any flop 10c, 40c at $4, $1 at $12.

So for 10/20 and up this is probably pretty good. Absolutely awful below that, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had just returned to Poker Room with this last reload bonus. Hadn't played there since March when I was playing .25/.50. Once I moved to .50/1.00 I left as the bonus was basically unclearable that that level and there were better opportunies elsewhere.

At 1/2, figured it would be slowly clearable so gave it a shot. Have noticed the points seemed to be accruing much faster than I had expected. Guess this explains it.

Will clear the bonus and depart immediately thereafter.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:44 PM

Hi all,

Just a few clarifications regarding the recently updated PokerRoom.com rake structure.

But first of all I hope that all of you bear in mind that basing the rake on Big Blinds instead of Pot Size is an entirely new system designed to equalize the percentage of rake paid by players of various levels. We believe doing so is fair. However, as an entirely new system it may need certain adjustments not spotted in our extensive simulations.

1. The new rake structure tables have been available since yesterday. A link to the new structure was also posted in our news section yesterday.

2. We still incorporate a No Flop No Drop policy. Naturally. The tables will be updated to clarify that.

3. The overall drop in player points received is an effect we did not anticipate, intend nor did it surface during our extensive analysis. The Player Points system will therefore undergo an overhaul to adjust to the new structure and distribute more points.

4. Certainly certain games on certain levels will now have to pay a slightly higher rake than before, but do notice that others will pay way less. All heads-up games as well as high-stakes limit games are obvious examples of this.

5. The new, more dramatic cut-off point in paid rake can unfortunately lead to certain pots being raked around 9-10%. Do note however that these are extreme situations that only occur when a pot reaches a certain, exact size.

Examples:

Limit 5-10 players

1/2 LEVEL
Pot size $11 total rake $0.40
Pot size $12 total rake $1
Pot size $29 total rake $1

2/4 LEVEL
Pot size $23 total rake $0.80
Pot size $24 total rake $2
Pot size $48 total rake $2

Finally we do appreciate all of the feedback and comments received from all you 2+2 users.
Nothing beats hearing first-hand what the players themselves have to say.

C u at the tables!

PokerRoom.com
Meet Them and Beat Them
Old 08-31-2005, 02:05 PM

"1. The new rake structure tables have been available since yesterday. A link to the new structure was also posted in our news section yesterday. "

As opposed to an email to your customers explaining the change, i.e. the rationale and likely effect. You didn't want everyone to know exactly what was happening?

You would be well served to have full and complete disclosure ahead of time so that questions such as "10% rake!" and "What about my Player Points?" would surface and be handled adroitly, not have to be addressed incompletely after the fact.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So if you are playing a 2/4 table, you'll never see a $3 rake. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
In a typical session of about 100 hands, I see two, maybe three pots raked $3. The rake increase to 10% at certain other pot size break points will have a much greater impact than the reduction of the rake cap.

The only games I see this helping are the low end NL where the pot sizes are often huge compared to the size of the blinds. $100NL players will be getting a huge break. Low end limit players are getting screwed.

I would also submit that a work slowdown would be a much more effective means of protest than a boycott.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So if you are playing a 2/4 table, you'll never see a $3 rake. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
In a typical session of about 100 hands, I see two, maybe three pots raked $3. The rake increase to 10% at certain other pot size break points will have a much greater impact than the reduction of the rake cap.

The only games I see this helping are the low end NL where the pot sizes are often huge compared to the size of the blinds. $100NL players will be getting a huge break. Low end limit players are getting screwed.

I would also submit that a work slowdown would be a much more effective means of protest than a boycott.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play and intentionally slow down the tables to "protest", I hope your account gets banned. That is just stupid. If you don't like the rake, go somewhere else. Do you think that if a bunch of people slowed the games down they would just lower the rake across the board? That is stupid.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[The only games I see this helping are the low end NL where the pot sizes are often huge compared to the size of the blinds. $100NL players will be getting a huge break.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have got to be kidding.
This doesnt help $100NL