Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Objectivity During Crisis

You might also look at the 9/11 tragedy. National Guard troops were dispatched to New York immediately by the Federal Govt. without waiting around for some kind of formal invitation process from the Governor (who seemed to be busy doing other things at the time).
Old 09-04-2005, 11:21 PM

Since you chose to stay on the same thread and change your argument, I will assume you understand that no federal laws were being violated in New Orleans, and your previous post only strengthened my point.

Since you are a conclusion in search of facts, lets move on ...

[ QUOTE ]
National Guard troops were dispatched to New York immediately

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know why they would have to be dispatched -- New York is a big state. The New York National Guard is under the control of the Governor. They could simply be called into action. I could check, but why bother? The 911 attack was declared an act of war on the U.S. -- and as such, conforms to the Presidential powers you researched for us earlier.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have not read past your post, nor will I. But you sir, are an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well then, I know all about you -- you know little about me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny. I was listening to some Republican talk radio while saving a few lives today and I was amazed at the ignorance, kinda along the same thinking lines as you. Sad, Americans are dying on live tv, and you choose to politize it.

Think about this: We can invade and take over a country and take it over in a matter of days, but not save the lives of Americans on our own soil until a week or more has passes.

I put you on ignore now. But I invite you to come to the affected area, lend a hand, and see for yourself.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:24 PM

New Orleans fell into a state of anarchy. Plenty of federal laws were being violated.

Just the fact of the disaster of this magnitude gave the President power to dispatch relief.

Why do we have a national HomeLand Security department if you think everything is run by and directed by the individual States?
Old 09-04-2005, 11:26 PM

nh
Old 09-04-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny. I was listening to some Republican talk radio while saving a few lives today and I was amazed at the ignorance, kinda along the same thinking lines as you ...

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought you put me on ignore earlier. I'm not trying to facilitate your masochism, but I will respond nevertheless. So far you've said that I'm ignorant and the radio people are ignorant either because we sound alike or are Republicans (either may be true). That's ... what?

[ QUOTE ]
. Sad, Americans are dying on live tv, and you choose to politize it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree it's sad Americans are dying, on or off TV, inside or outside our sphere of knowing -- it's sad. If you read the first post -- you might realize my point was to promote objectivity as we analyze the procedures that may have failed us.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Write it on a 2 x 4

[ QUOTE ]
New Orleans fell into a state of anarchy. Plenty of federal laws were being violated.

[/ QUOTE ]
State of Anarchy? Unless it spills over the borders, that's the Governors call. Laws being violated? Possibly. That would have justified sending in the FBI.

[ QUOTE ]
Just the fact of the disaster of this magnitude gave the President power to dispatch relief.

[/ QUOTE ]
Under what authority?

[ QUOTE ]
Why do we have a national HomeLand Security department if you think everything is run by and directed by the individual States?

[/ QUOTE ]
My point exactly -- it has nothing to do with what I think. It has to do with established procedure and the law.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Read it, instead of having it read to you.

Here is what allows a President to send troops into a State.

[ QUOTE ]
Whenever by reason of unlawful obstructions, combinations or assemblages of persons, or rebellion against the authority of the United States ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, and the President doesn't have to "send" the FBI, they already have jurisdiction.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Keep repeating the LIE

I guess I should have added the caveat that President Bush can not order the LA Nat'l Guard around LA unless the U.S. is being invaded. Which it is not.

[ QUOTE ]
The Guard is organized, trained and equipped to be available in times of national emergency, upon the call of the President. It can also be called upon by the Governor for state duty, to preserve peace and order and protect life and property in the event of natural disasters or civil disturbances.

[/ QUOTE ]
GlobalSecurity.org

[ QUOTE ]
Because the National Guard remains under the authority of the states (unless called into federal service), it should not be confused with the reserves of the various services which serve primarily as training units for replacements to active component forces...
National Guard units can be mobilized at any time by presidential order to supplement regular armed forces, and upon declaration of a state of emergency by the governor of the state in which they serve.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wikipedia

So unless you have info that contradicts this, perhaps you should keep your smartass remarks to yourself. And I hope this info isn't from the left-wing echo chamber which obviously controls your mind... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Read it, instead of having it read to you.

cardcounter0-

If you want to have a pissing contest, let's go -- I don't mind engaging an unarmed opponent.

[ QUOTE ]
Whenever by reason of unlawful obstructions, combinations or assemblages of persons, or rebellion against the authority of the United States ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Meaning you feel this was an act against the United States? (As opposed to God, New Orleans, or Louisiana [for reference])

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, and the President doesn't have to "send" the FBI, they already have jurisdiction.

[/ QUOTE ]
See! You do know the difference!

Now that you have shown you understand lawful action and jurisdiction, gather your facts. I'll be back in the morning. In the meantime, maintain objectivity. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]