Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Blind Defense vs. 2+2\'er

Button is known 2+2'er. What is your line and why?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ????????
Old 04-07-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Blind Defense vs. 2+2\'er

Raise. If he has aces he has them. Same with the set. But you have a huge overpair so play back. If he continues I call him down. I gotta think I'm good the majority of the time here, right?
Old 04-07-2005, 05:17 PM

Forgive me for FPSing, but I'd 3-bet from the SB if my normal line is to 3-bet, perhaps c/c the flop and then checkraise the turn.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:18 PM

either 3-bet and lead the turn or stop and go.

he's either got a legit hand, or he's raising for a free card.

i think he's more likely raising for a free card, since that flop is likely to have missed him unless he's got a set or an odd tptk (A9, K9, Q9).

but you're really only vulnerable to a range of 3 to 5 outs, so i would like to get some value out of this hand. if you 3-bet and lead the turn, he's likely to just fold.

but if you stop and go, he might peel one off thinking that if he spikes a Queen with something like QJ, he still might come out ahead.

bottom line is i'm fairly sure i have the best hand and i want to get some value out of it instead of just blowing him away... all without giving a free card. i like a stop and go.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:23 PM

3-bet. Lead whether it's capped or not.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:31 PM

i think the play is to 3 bet, and lead the turn as well, if the same thing happens on the turn i would start to play more cautiously and put him/her on a set. I would however, find out what he is holding [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2005, 05:42 PM

I would call and check/raise the turn. It is highly unlikly that he is going for a free card with no flush draw or OESD possible. The most he could be going for a free play with is a gutterball or overs. He almost surely has a pair in this spot and is going to follow up the flop raise with a turn bet.

Brad
Old 04-07-2005, 06:53 PM

Couple of things.

First. Bob didnt mention that im the 2+2er. That should further confuse the issue.

Second. Bob has an absolute monster, and i had to get either very lucky on the flop or he had to be very unlucky preflop to lose this hand. He should be focusing on how to extract maximum value from a player who is both terribly aggressive on one hand, but can also make laydowns on the other.

3. A range of hands for me is really very wide. At this point, there are a ton of hands i can be playing. The important thing is bob crushes the vast magority of them. Conversely, bobs range of hands is fairly wide here as well, although since most of the 3/6 tags arent as crazy as i am, his range is slightly narrower, especially since he has made more statements about his hand at this point.

4. Most importantly, this is HU play vs two knowledgable, skilled TAGs. We are thinking alot, and trying to anticipate the others anticipations.

For what its worth, i think a call and turn checkraise is clearly the best play. Im a known aggressive that has raised twice, and its very unlikely given my play style that im not either going to be value betting or semi-bluffing the turn. I might check the river through with some of my more marginal holdings, but rarely the turn.

peace

john nickle
Old 04-07-2005, 06:58 PM

If im pokerbob, im never slowing down here, ever. However, against an opponent who can make a decent laydown at anypoint in the hand, i need to get a little tricky and try to extract as much as possible before that sexy beast of a man cnfuzzd realizes that i have him crushed.

peace

john nickle
Old 04-07-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call and check/raise the turn. It is highly unlikly that he is going for a free card with no flush draw or OESD possible. The most he could be going for a free play with is a gutterball or overs. He almost surely has a pair in this spot and is going to follow up the flop raise with a turn bet.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

you are scary hot dude

peace

john nickle