Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 12:04 AM

Default I need help

I just got in a ffb league with some friends, but i honestly have very little idea of what i'm doing. i've got 18 days till our draft, so i have time to learn something. basically i'm wondering what order i should draft players in, by position. also, aside from running backs i don't really know how to rank players. its a 10 team league with normal yahoo scoring, and help would be appreciated.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: I need help

Aside from reading the 13,576,982 other FFB threads around here, here's the general idea.

1) RBs. Lots of them. Make these your top two picks, most likely.

2) QBs. Important. You'll want guys in the good offenses. In other words, avoid Chicago's QB and Miami's QB, whoever those may be. Avoid rookies. Alex Smith happens to fit both of those rules.

3) WRs. Get ones you've heard of. Starters on teams, and high-level #2s. Match them with their QB and watch points go through the roof.

4) Kickers, Ds, TEs. Lots of these floating around, and outside the elite (Vanderjagt or Elam as kickers, PIT BAL and NE as Ds, and basically Heap, Gonzo, Gates, Crumpler and Shocker) they're all very similar. Bottom of your draft unless you notice a run taking place in your draft, like if 3 guys before you pick some of the elite TEs, if you can, get yourself one.

Basically, get yourself one or two FFB magazines at your gas station and keep up on the preseason position battles.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:51 AM

Default Re: I need help

Go to www.footballguys.com.

Give them $25.

Use their draft spreadsheet and software.