Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2004, 06:58 AM

Default Interesting question for football fans

Myself, my brother and several of my friends were discussing some very interesting questions regarding NFL players the other night during the Baltimore/NE game (BTW, FU Matt Stover), and seeing as it generated some very heated, very interesting debate I thought I would pose these questions to the minds at OOT.

There are three questions total, but the one that started the debate is the first one, which obviously lead to the next two. The questions are as follows:

1) If you could clone one NFL player to play every position on offense, defense and special teams, who would you pick?

2) If you could pick TWO different NFL players to clone and play them at all positions on offense, defense and special teams, who would you pick? (you can use these two players in any combination, i.e if you picked an big strong guy and a small fast guy you could put the big guy at lineman positions and the little guy at skill position in any amount of combinations you so choose)

3) Same question as number two, except these two players have to currently play for the same NFL team.

This debate got so intense that we agreed to put a wager on it and each create Madden teams following the criteria of the third question and play each other in a tournament. The third question generated the most debate, as it proved to be the most interesting. I'm interested to see what other people think for all three questions before I give any of the answers we came up with.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Interesting question for football fans

I'd go with Antonio Gates at every position but I think Julius Peppers would be okay too.

Picking two guys, I'd take Antwaan Randle El and Jason Taylor (?). I'd be interested in finding an athletic offensive lineman here instead of Taylor, though.

EDIT: I like Vick instead of Randle El here.

Picking two guys from the same team I think I'd try Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.

These picks sure seem biased based on the games I watched on TV this past week. FWIW, I think Culpepper might fit somewhere here.

-Michael
Old 12-21-2004, 07:35 AM

1) If you could clone one NFL player to play every position on offense, defense and special teams, who would you pick?

Probably Either Juluis Peppers, Urlacher or Julian Peterson. Gun to my head, it'd be Urlacher.

2) If you could pick TWO different NFL players to clone and play them at all positions on offense, defense and special teams, who would you pick?

I'd Go with Peppers and Vick imo on this one.

3) Same question as number two, except these two players have to currently play for the same NFL team.

This one is tough. I might have to go with Walter Jones and Shaun Alexander here.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:40 AM

Julius Peppers

2) If you could pick TWO different NFL players to clone and play them at all positions on offense, defense and special teams, who would you pick? (you can use these two players in any combination, i.e if you picked an big strong guy and a small fast guy you could put the big guy at lineman positions and the little guy at skill position in any amount of combinations you so choose)

Julius Peppers and Michael Vick

Ed Reed and Jonathan Ogden
Old 12-21-2004, 12:20 PM

I'll go against the grain and say Culpepper for the first.

For two players, Vick and Peppers sounds right.

For the same team, Culpepper and Moss (but give him a work ethic [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img])
Old 12-21-2004, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll go against the grain and say Culpepper for the first.

For two players, Vick and Peppers sounds right.

For the same team, Culpepper and Moss (but give him a work ethic [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]
My answer is real similar to this. I'd have to think it through a little more before finalizing, though. I don't think you could be too wrong putting Donovan F. McNabb in there somewhere either. Vick and Culpepper were the two that came to my head immediately when starting to think of who'd be good in these positions. Other people you'd have to consider would be Urlacher and (I hate to say it) the over-hyped R Lewis.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:46 PM

It would be hard to not pick Culpepper just because of his size and relative swiftness.

No idea about #2

#3, probably Culpepper and Moss, but I could see picking a HUGE guy and a fast guy (kind of like a good wrestling tag team) to balance things out.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:47 PM

1 Duante Culpepper
2 Duante Culpepper and Mike Vick
3 Mike Vick and Crumpler
Old 12-21-2004, 12:53 PM

1. I would have to go with Vick but the games would be very high scoring because there wouldn't be much defense.

2. I would go with Vick and Peppers. One for offense and one for defense.

3. I was going to choose Ed Reed and Rey Lewis but then I would have no offense. Then I thought about Manning and Freeney but as good as Manning is at running the offense I don't think he is much of an "athlete". I will have to give this one more thought but would choose one offensive player and one defensive player.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:05 PM

How about taking people like Deion Sanders (in his prime) or good cornerbacks - Champ Bailey or C Woodson, guys like Dante Hall or all around athletes that just didn't fit into any particular position, but are relatively good at just about anything - Kordell Stewart or Randel El.