Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 10-06-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: My name is Dave, and I have done the \"2/4 LHE staredown\"

My favorite douchebag move is to ask the floor to seat me in the 2/4 when I'm waiting for a spot in a bigger game like 10/20. I like sitting with two or three racks of reds.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:02 PM

Link
Old 10-06-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Link

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:28 PM

HAHA, that's pretty good.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:40 PM

I got caught doing this three times in AC because what I thought I was doing was looking at him waiting for him to act, but the action was actually on me...
Old 10-06-2005, 03:50 PM

A couple years ago I was playing in the 4-8 game at Mandalay Baya and was hammered and playing really aggressive and catching cards and basically being an first rate a-hole. This older guy chewing on a cigar would stare me down each of the 12 times that I raised his blind. I would just laugh and say something stupid.

3 limpers before me and I raise with Q6. Cigar guy 3 bets from the BB. Everyone calls. Flop comes A66. Cigar guy bets two callers, I raise, he 3 bets and I cap that $%^. Turn is the case 6. He bets, fold, I raise he 3 bets and I cap. River is a brick. He bets again, I raise, he 3 bets while staring a hole right through me. I laugh and ask the dealer how long we can keep raising. She answers as long as you still have chips in front of you. If it's heads-up you can go all night. So I 4-bet, and this guy is really staring at me now and I ask him "How many sixes are in this deck??" He looks really pissed and 5 bets. I of course 6-bet and he calls. I flip over my quads and he shows AA. He then tilts off about 2 more racks while staring at me the whole time. I proceed to get even more drunk and steam off most of what I won with my 1 outer.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:51 PM

I haven't stared anyone down but I have asked a couple of young guns to "please stop looking into my soul". This usually gets them to stop.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:10 PM

Luxor 2/4 on a Friday night.

I raise AQo from MP, button cold-calls. SB is a shaved-head kid (older than I am though) wearing shades and an IPod, up about $100 since sitting down by WPT'ing his garbage cards. He plays loose-aggressive-clueless. He calls, BB calls, and UTG trash-donkey calls.

Flop comes KJT rainbow. Shaved-head bets and everyone calls. I should have raised... I know.

Four to the turn: blank. Shaved-head bets, trash-donkey calls, I raise, button folds. Shaved-head is staring at me from behind those mirrored shades. I look behind me to make sure something isn't going on back there. Then I worry there's a piece of food stuck to my face. Finally, I realize he's staring me down so I sit back and forget about him. He and the trash-donk both call.

River pairs the the board tens. Shaved-head bets, trash-donk calls, I raise, shaved-head stares back at me for a while. I think he doesn't know the action is to him so I say "It's on you." He says "I know." He stares some more and finally re-raises, trash-donk cold-calls, I call.

He stares at me some more. Dealer turns to him and says "Please show us your cards sir." One at a time, he he turns over a king, then a ten (not suited) for the rivered boat. I say "Nice hand," and throw my cards face-up on the table. There are a few ooo's and ahh's from the other players. He stares back and finally speaks. "Ace high? I knew I had you the whole way."
Old 10-06-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was at Hawaiian Gardens last weekend playing $4/8LHE with a half kill. This douche sat down with an Oakley shirt, a pair of mirrored sunglasses, and an Oakley hat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would SO have asked this guy if his glasses were Oakleys. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Luxor 2/4 on a Friday night.
He stares back and finally speaks. "Ace high? I knew I had you the whole way."

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome story, man!