Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Hand I Busted Out on the UB 120k

Comments would be appreciated.... should I have done this?

75 ante - 300/600 blinds - avg stack is 13000

im on the button with 95d, UTG limps, folded all the way to me - I push my 6000 stack, blinds fold, he thinks for a bit, and calls with AKo and hits his A and im out.

I was a 38% to win the hand approximately... Obviously I was trying to get a fold. I figured worst case if I got a call I had live cards, probably wasn't going to be crippled... The blinds were killing my stack though...

Comments appreciated, thanks -Mike
Old 04-11-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Hand I Busted Out on the UB 120k

You still have 10 bets in front of you, I think this was a bit drastic with 95s....
Old 04-11-2005, 02:04 AM

I am a newb but I do not see any problem with that move.

If you were not getting your share of the blinds. One limper and then folded to the button you would have to think that a push with any two cards would yield a fold more than 1/2 of the time.

Some issues would be the villian's stack size ? Any reads on him, final table you should have some reads !

I steal successfully more than 1/2 the time with moves like this. Hurts when they fail but if the blinds were getting to ya and you had no other reads on the villain then folding or pushing seem reasonable. Folding for the patient, pushing for the impatient. Other factors to consider would be, how aggressive had the table been. Really though with his hand you were going to get called, but usually or hopefully he would have a lesser hand. Why didn't he raise ?
Old 04-11-2005, 07:01 AM

Personally, I'd have waited for a better spot as well.

It was bad luck to run into a big hand in the blinds, but you can expert better opportunities in the future so there's no need to push it yet.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:54 AM

I think this is horrible IMO....The blinds are not killing your stack just yet...Picking up the blinds once a round isn't too big of a task, and you certainly can find a better hand than this one to do it with....You should be picking a hand that has some high card value, (Ax and Kx are better than suited cards in this situation) and if you can't find that, there are much nicer suited connectors to push...
Old 04-11-2005, 09:19 AM

I'm not an expert, but unless I've got a hand that I feel ok going to the showdown with I would probably not do this against an UTG limper. I would think mid-late tournament you'd have a pretty reasonable chance of running into someone that is limping in the hopes of getting raised. You've got another hand or two where you're still in great position to steal, so I fold and hope for a better hand to push with, or a hand like this with no limpers ahead of me.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:21 PM

Easy fold, you have lots of almost free hands to choose from since this was on the button, that isn't a close decision for me at all.

>TW<
Old 04-11-2005, 09:48 PM

It looks like UTG called, not the blinds. Depending on UTG stack size, a limp sometimes looks weird to me. Maybe something big looking to get raised.