11-15 5 7.35%
8-10 13 19.12%
5-7 21 30.88%
0-4 hours 29 42.65%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Collusion... or just the work of Granny Mae

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a typical Paradise hand lately to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-10-2005, 01:24 AM

What about another option?... A perfect poker playing bot with Granny Mae code written in. I mean, that's the way you're supposed to play that hand, right? But then again, I don't know; I'm a donk myself!!!
Old 12-10-2005, 03:34 AM

Who knows for sure? But notice that the "collusion" started preflop. Then look what happens to the GrannyMae:

1. Flops a gutshot.
2. Turns a flush draw.
3. Rivers top pair.

If this is collusion then how likely is it that the one hand you witnessed features so much improvement for the trash hand? On the other hand, this type of hand progression is common when a borderline maniac goes completely bonkers. Each new draw just fuels the madness.

The AA looks overplayed but may be reasonable considering that:

1. He may know from experience that MP does things like this.
2. He may have a solid read that Hero cannot beat him on this board unless he picked up a late set.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:13 AM

What stakes is this? and how long were you playing with MP for? He's most likely just a maniac. I don't understand the point of a colluder showing down their junk hands

Today i sat at a 2/4 table with someone similar. If he entered the pot he was constantly raising, no matter what he had. It took a few hands for people to figure out what he was doing. (everyone folded the first few times, and the ones that went to showdown he just happened to have big hands) Some other 2+2er and I busted him out of his 250 stack in like 30 minutes capping hands like middle pair and top pair no kicker, and calling down with ace high. The pots were always 15BB or more. He busted and went to 3/6, I followed, he went on a hot streak then almost busted again and left. I found him at 5/10, a stake i never play but decided to sit with this guy. Unfortunately he caught a big hand against me and I ended up 100 dollars down on him and a little sour I didn't have a bankroll for 5/10. I don't think this is collusion, and Stellar makes a good point on the development of the hand. I think it's just a donk, an overplayed AA(unless the CO knew MP) and a crying call from the kings.