Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 05:07 PM

Default 3/6 video

Here's a 20 minute video of 100 hands of 3/6. I run a little hot in the video and suck out a few times - however, that doesn't stop me from bungling hands throughout. Comments appreciated.

I watched about an orbit as I waited to post my blinds. My reads going into the session: GUNIO is some sort of a LAG. For an idea, pause the very first second of the video, note the showdown and pot size.

Video Link
Old 10-19-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Re: 3/6 video

How to record your own video

Download CamStudio. It's shareware with a 2 week trial. Options -> Video Options. Compressor should be on Microsoft Video 1 and "Auto Adjust" should be clicked under Framerates. We will eventually compress the video with XViD, but it's better to do it after recording is finished.

Region -> Fixed Region -> Mark a single table to record.

Use the record and pause buttons as needed. When you are finished, press the stop button and save to an AVI. It should be pretty huge, maybe 500 megs for 20 minutes or so.

Download VirtualDub, 32 bit edition. Run it and File -> Open video file -> choose your AVI.
Video -> Fast recompress mode.
Video -> Framerate -> Frame Rate Conversion -> Tick "Convert to fps" and enter "15" in the box. -> OK.
Video -> Compression -> XViD MPEG-4 Codec -> OK.
(If that option isn't there, install XViD.)
File -> Save as AVI -> Enter new file name -> OK.
It will take a few minutes to produce your final video.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:47 PM

When you had KJ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] HU against the BB and the flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 diamonds. He checks, you bet, he calls. The turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], he checks, bet instead of checking especially cause you don't have a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. A free diamond for him on the river would suck.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:20 PM

first hand vs the uber lag you have J5 on a 92J flop you bet he raises turn is a J (puts 2 diamonds on board) and you check call and check call a river 8D. I think you really need to 3bet flop or check raise the turn here
Old 10-19-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you had KJ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] HU against the BB and the flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 diamonds. He checks, you bet, he calls. The turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], he checks, bet instead of checking especially cause you don't have a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. A free diamond for him on the river would suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't want to give him the opportunity to make a bluff turn c/r that I couldn't call, and I thought I might induce a river bluff if he didn't plan on calling the turn. Does bet/folding make me more money? Am I assuming this opponent more aggressive than he actually is?
Old 10-19-2005, 07:40 PM

I thought there was a decent chance he had a better J. If I raised the turn, it seemed likely that he might 3 bet it regardless of his holding. I don't feel comfortable putting in this much action with my hand and I didn't want to fold it against him.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:52 PM

Posting blind

Good cards [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

J5s - trips on turn, u need to raise somewhere.

KK turn raise on 3-flush board I dont like

KJs - Nice river valuebet

AQs HU - Bet turn KJ83 board

Nice oooops [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

QJs Button limps, SB folds. Punish the openlimper, raise!

ATo - Bet turn with flush draw + gutshot

KQo - River raise with 2 pair on 3 flush board??? I dont do it, but mb im weak...

23o on 3 flush board, I think 3-betting is too much.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:03 PM

I'd donk the turn with the J5 hand.
He might raise that with anything.

Also, when fishy button limps and SB folds I would raise that JQs. The way you played it I'd probably lead that flop.

I'd take another line with your ATo hand. First, the PFR is good if there's a chance to fold out the laggy BB. At least with the 3-bet now Button folded. But why did you donk the flop?

The 23o on the monotone board. I wouldn't push it so hard on the flop. Your equity is much better on a favorable turn (no 5, no [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

The last, 68o hand: this is a tough one. As I see the turn I know I'll never win this hand but bet and pray he's on flush draw or on 78. The river fold seems to be good.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:28 PM

you are the man. i will give you an analysis later. im gonna make one right now.

edit: now how do i get this [censored] on the net.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:31 PM

you guys, this is an awesome thing to do if the forum members are willing to review the sessions. it is very +EV for both sides. i am doing one later tonight.