Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Thank you MTT forum....

....for helping me with MTT advice. I began playing MTTs a while ago, and definitely needed help. Thanks to all the info on this forum, I have noticed that I have made it into the high money much more frequently than I used to. I have only posted here once (asking about freerolls, which I had never played) but enjoy the posts and the subsequent advice. No response necessary, this is just a note of thanks.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Thank you MTT forum....

[ QUOTE ]
....for helping me with MTT advice. I began playing MTTs a while ago, and definitely needed help. Thanks to all the info on this forum, I have noticed that I have made it into the high money much more frequently than I used to. I have only posted here once (asking about freerolls, which I had never played) but enjoy the posts and the subsequent advice. No response necessary, this is just a note of thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made my fourth final table in a little over a month last night at PokerStars and it's increased my bankroll about $500. Not a lot to the superstars of this forum, but to me, who started with a $20 transfer, and had never played a big MTT before, it's a tremendous feat.

Just working out the simple posts has helped my reads.

HOH + tons of 2+2 forum reading + watching poker on TV+ a lot of practice will definitely make you a tough player.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
watching poker on TV

[/ QUOTE ]

eek, I wouldnt do this (imo). Avoid TV poker like the plague.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
watching poker on TV

[/ QUOTE ]

eek, I wouldnt do this (imo). Avoid TV poker like the plague.

[/ QUOTE ]

I learn a little bit from the WPT.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:00 PM

i really enjoy watching the early levels of the WSOP - i feel you can learn more here than watching the WPT final tables when the antes and blinds are so huge

makes people think you can come over the top of anyone and make them lay it down
Old 09-22-2005, 04:04 PM

Monte Carlo Millions actually has some really good stuff.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Avoid bad TV poker like the plague.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

There is a lot of good poker in some of the TV tournaments... the 2 live tournaments showed on FSN were very very good, especially the one at turningstone, was awesome. There is a good deal of great poker played on the WPT... (Danny Nguyen!) The blinds for the most part are fairly low- depending on the event. The crappy wsop final tables, where they show a 9 player table in 1 hour really sucks, cause they only show the all ins, and no real good hands.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Avoid bad TV poker like the plague.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you are careful to keep the fact that these are heavily edited, I think it's good to see the kinds of moves pros make from time to time. But don't rely heavily on it, because you don't have the privilege of knowing the players' thought processes, and a lot of the more spectacular moves you see are highly read-dependent. HoH I has a good discussion of this.