Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Aces big pot.

I'm pretty new to this table and my only notices are that BB and UTG are taking alot of flops.
The pot was so enormous I just couldn't fold this. Do I fold on some street? [edit]I don't think I can fold this without reads(?)[/edit] Comments? Thanks!
Pokerstars $0.25/$0.5
Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (24.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (16.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (20.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 24.20 BB
Old 12-05-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Aces big pot.

pf - correct to raise &amp; cap everytime.

flop - I'm raising here, esp with no reads. You have outs if someone made a set.

Raise the turn? Maybe UTG has KK-TT, in which case only JJ beats you. I probably try a turn raise to see if BB goes away.

With no help, I call but never fold this river. You will win quite often here.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:40 PM

You slowed down way sooner than i would have. I am 3-betting the flop for sure.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:41 PM

if not raising flop, then raise turn. Then bet river. Why play so passively?
Old 12-05-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty new to this table and my only notices are that BB and UTG are taking alot of flops.
The pot was so enormous I just couldn't fold this. Do I fold on some street? Comments? Thanks!
Pokerstars $0.25/$0.5
Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (24.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (16.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (20.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot: 24.20 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but the flop is the only street played correctly IMO [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. You need to 3-bet that flop to make it 2 back to BB, plus you have the top overpair!!! The whole hand plays differently from there. I'm assuming you lost since you posted this hand, but you need to regain control on that flop. A bet and raise on that flop from limpers gives you no indication that you're beat. You may have lost this hand but think you're winning on the flop a LOT of the time.

I'm not commenting on the other streets except to say by the river you're probably dead to something or another; I'm guessing UTG has a set of 3s, BB has like Q9, and UTG+1 has some crap pair.

Nice table BTW.

Steve
Old 12-05-2005, 04:45 PM

I'd rather just call the flop with my one pair since no one is folding for one more (and BB isn't folding for two more on the flop). I'm then raising pretty much any turn.

I don't think you're going to win very often, but you'll definitely win 1/24 times.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather just call the flop with my one pair since no one is folding for one more (and BB isn't folding for two more on the flop). I'm then raising pretty much any turn.

I don't think you're going to win very often, but you'll definitely win 1/24 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a better line than what I said before upon reconsidering.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pf - correct to raise &amp; cap everytime.

flop - I'm raising here, esp with no reads. You have outs if someone made a set.

Raise the turn? Maybe UTG has KK-TT, in which case only JJ beats you. I probably try a turn raise to see if BB goes away.

With no help, I call but never fold this river. You will win quite often here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh I see [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I was scared on flop and turn and river. I am playing scared and it seems that it's very -EV.
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but the flop is the only street played correctly IMO . You need to 3-bet that flop to make it 2 back to BB, plus you have the top overpair!!! The whole hand plays differently from there. I'm assuming you lost since you posted this hand, but you need to regain control on that flop. A bet and raise on that flop from limpers gives you no indication that you're beat. You may have lost this hand but think you're winning on the flop a LOT of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Indeed I lost this hand and that made me think about if I made some mistakes. I see now that folding is NOT an option. I should've been more aggressive but I just went into coward mode [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Well atleast I learnt something then. Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]. Comments welcome anytime!
Old 12-05-2005, 04:52 PM

what were their hands btw? pm me if you dont want to influence anyone else's posts
Old 12-05-2005, 04:58 PM

*grunch*

3 bet the flop. Call the turn/river. Pot is way to big to fold.

What are you afraid of?