Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 06:37 PM

Default JJ vs. LRR, does he have it?

Villain is a bit LAGgy, 46/10/3 after only 60 hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 10-25-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: JJ vs. LRR, does he have it?

I forgot the player's name.. I think it contained the word "chuck".. from jamaica. Was it him? He limp reraised me ALL the time, from any position. It was great.

If it's him he doesn't have it. Either way, you've gotta look him up here.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:49 PM

Half the villains out there will only limp-reraise with AA, KK, or AK.

The other half of the villains out there will limp-reraise with 44, 89s, and A2s.

There is no way on earth based on PT stats to tell the two types of villain apart.

Therefore, whenever somebody limp-reraises, make a note that says either: LRR AA/KK/AK or LRR Monkey

Regardless, on this ace-less and king-less flop, you must call down.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:56 PM

Thanks. I'm still new to 6-max, and I'm discovering indivual player reads are more important than PT stats.

Time to start taking notes!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Regardless, on this ace-less and king-less flop, you must call down

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to call down anyway. People do this with all kinds of hands. The only way I play this differently is if an ace flops, forget the king. If an ace flops, I c/c the flop rather than leading since a lot of the hands people like to get funky and LRR with are big aces or little suited aces. Looks good though.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you need to call down anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a clear TAG (28/20/2.5/50+) on whom I had a note that said "LRR AA/KK/AK" or something, where I did not expect him to be on tilt, I would would bet the flop HU and fold to a raise, or raise the flop and fold to a 3-bet.

That said, my qualifications suggest this situation will arise very seldom, so I agree, generally, that he needs to call this down HU unless the board becomes atrocious (e.g., AK5 flop, 4th street fills an obvious draw, etc).

In a MW field, I fold JJ if there are 1-2 overcards and an overcall from a player other than the LRRer.