Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Re: a,q early

I was never going to fold preflop. The post is about if i should call this persons all in raise preflop.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold A-Q all the way to 7th spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since I started doing this over the last ~100 games or so, my ITM/ROI have shot way up.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's just ridiculous to fold AQo for 30 chips 2 off the button from a general poker standpoint. It's clearly +EV to call.

I play pretty carefully early in sit and gos and understand folding AQo UTG, I even do it sometimes. But to fold here preflop is just too much, there is only so far you can go before you are giving up on an obviously +EV situation, also a situation that you need to become comfortable being involved in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you guys *ever* take first????? (Not you curtains) I mean, come on guys this is ridiculous.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:14 PM

I do not fold AQo here. I fold it maybe positions 1-3, that's it. I will open limp with it up to CO, from CO or BTN it's obviously a raise if all have folded. If positions 1 and 2 have limped, I'll probably limp along in position 3 even. But otherwise it's limp and not raise for me at level 1-2.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not fold AQo here. I fold it maybe positions 1-3, that's it. I will open limp with it up to CO, from CO or BTN it's obviously a raise if all have folded. If positions 1 and 2 have limped, I'll probably limp along in position 3 even. But otherwise it's limp and not raise for me at level 1-2.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said, even with the hero having a good stack its not worth a raise.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:57 PM

Do you know how the villain lost so many chips early on in the game? I think this information would be useful in your decision.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:29 PM

Yeah I was responding to pergesu who said to fold.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold A-Q all the way to 7th spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since I started doing this over the last ~100 games or so, my ITM/ROI have shot way up.

[/ QUOTE ]

AQo is on my "Favourable Conditions" list. I need the pot to be unraised, and I need one of the last two positions for these hands AQo, AJs, KQo. I need the last four positions for AQs and KQs, and I muck every PP below 88 unless I'm in the SB.

Too toight?
Old 07-20-2005, 06:01 PM

I think that is a bit too tight, yes. However, I don't touch KQo with a barge pole, it only ever makes second-best hands.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:09 PM

Way too tight. Also AQ and AJs are in a completely different class than KQo. Please remember your opponents are VERY bad at poker and give their money on garbage flops with weak hands. When you have a hand that has a good chance to make top pair top kicker, or some other great hand, and you can get in cheaply, you should usually take that oppurtunity.