Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 04:08 AM

Default Re: These are moderators?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Mom:

Just for your information, we have conducted all of Two Plus Two in our own way. Over the years I have received much advice from many people supposedly in the know about how to run our business. If I had listened, Two Plus Two, if it still existed, wouldn't be close to where it is today.

Thanks for the support.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason,

I have never had a problem with how you conducted yourself on these boards. I think you do a great job. At times, I think David takes things a little too far, but that's another story.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never had a problem with how you conducted yourself on these boards. I think you do a great job. At times, I think David takes things a little too far

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-11-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been active on dozens of Internet message forums and mailing lists (covering a variety of subjects) since 1990. This is the only one I've ever seen where the moderators actually start threads for the sole purpose of inciting a personal argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a break, on at least half the forums dealing with competative areas the mods abuse the daylights out of their mod powers. Mods getting ticked at each other and the forum owner(s) probably accounts for 1/4-1/3 of the new forums created.

These two (David and Mason) are pikers by comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone can create a forum, so there are all kinds. It would not surprise me to see mods getting pissy on a board dedicated to American Idol or Britney Spears. But this is a professional site in that it is a book company and a forum frequented by poker professionals (online grinders and big names alike).

They can run their forum any way they like but I expected more of them after reading their books. There's no question that people who read their books and see their attitudes on this board have a lesser image of them than people who just know the books.

Being unprofessional doesn't really hurt them because they aren't going to lose book sales from the poker geeks that come here (including myself). So I'm sure they don't care.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:03 PM

Mason and David are pikers (amatures, not to good at) at abusing mod powers and starting threads to bash/insult/annoy people. I could post examples from other boards, but some people would be greatly offended at the choice of a)language and b) the offensive terms used BY THE MODS at forumites and ex-forumites.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been active on dozens of Internet message forums and mailing lists (covering a variety of subjects) since 1990. This is the only one I've ever seen where the moderators actually start threads for the sole purpose of inciting a personal argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a break, on at least half the forums dealing with competative areas the mods abuse the daylights out of their mod powers. Mods getting ticked at each other and the forum owner(s) probably accounts for 1/4-1/3 of the new forums created.

These two (David and Mason) are pikers by comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone can create a forum, so there are all kinds. It would not surprise me to see mods getting pissy on a board dedicated to American Idol or Britney Spears. But this is a professional site in that it is a book company and a forum frequented by poker professionals (online grinders and big names alike).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I was refering to PROFESSIONAL sites. Sites for various schools/publishers/speakers/etc. I know of at least one where I won't bother registering because about the 1st or 2nd post after the "hello, I'm x" I'd be banned for having the gaul to disagree with the site owner and having scientific methodology and statistcal analysis to back my point.

It is very common in forums dealing with competative ventures for the owner/mods to have a my way or the highway attitude. If you went to Grady Mathews site and started jabbering how David Grossman was the one with the real deal for one pocket first you'd be horse laughed second you'd be badgered from one end of the forum to the other third Grady would input his thoughts resulting in some form of a $$ based you are a moron and I can prove it.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Another Slotboom Misconception

[ QUOTE ]
However, here's a hint: For a tell to be important it must not only be accurate, but it must change the way you would play your hand. For instance, if you have a tell that someone is bluffing, but you were going to call anyway, then the tell has no value.

[/ QUOTE ]

well then shouldnt SSH say this? or does it? I havent read it.