Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 12-21-2005, 07:46 PM

Default New England -5 ?

The Jets are 3-11 and the Patriot's have looked better and better of late -- why isn't this line higher? Is this a meaningless game for New England?
Old 12-21-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: New England -5 ?

If Cincy wins its definately meaningless, it might even already be meaningless. So hard to bet.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:19 PM

Even if the game is meaningless for NE, the Jets are a bad football team. Still a tough bet.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:29 PM

the jets covered last week and led for a good portion of the game, and now they're playing at home where they haven't lost by more than 6 points all season. the jets' replacement RB looks adequate, and you can't doubt that their passing game has improved somewhat.

not to say that NE can't have a flawless victory on MNF, but I wouldn't call this a lock either. if you bet this exact same spread earlier in the season against Jacksonville, Tampa and San Diego, you would have been only 1-1-1.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:51 AM

I like New England in this game. This is a team INDY has to watch out for. This isnt the same NE team a few monday nights ago that played like crap.

Last week was a statement game... Belechek didnt pull his starters out of the game until the last 2 mins of the game. He is gearing the patriots for their 3rd superbowl. This is a game thats pretty much a no brainer.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:55 AM

"We're treating this like a regular week," Belichick said. "Put it in the headline. Bold type. It's a regular week. The players know that, the staff knows it."

Jets are starting to put up points but I still like the Pats in this game. It will be close; I predict the final score to be something like 24-17 in New Englands favor. I could be way off the score will likely be determined by the Jets performance, Belichick is a great strategist and with his team finally in place he'll get them to just enough for a comfortable win.

I think Pats have a legitimate chance to go back to the Superbowl this year.. 11-5 was their record first time they won it and the seasons are starting to somewhat resemble one another.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:03 AM

I hope they do pull it off, but that year they didn't have to go on the road for their playoff games (and obviously had a bye).

craig
Old 12-24-2005, 04:50 AM

the only way they have a chance to go to the superbowl is if somehow they avoid the colts, chargers and broncos, can we please stop this nonsense and not get swayed by 1 week, they dont have the team they used to have. Maybe next year they will be back but not this year.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:41 AM

I'm pretty sure I've disagreed with every single thing you've ever posted on this site. That's quite an accomplishment.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:28 AM

thats cause your a patriot fan, name something ive said that didnt involve the patriots that youve disagreed with, or a few things