Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

View Poll Results: ARE WE ALLOWED TO SAY 'STICK IT IN HER POOPER'?
YOU MORAN, ARE YOU TRYING TO OUTLAW 'STICK IT IN HER POOPER' FROM OOT??? 6 30.00%
NO 'STICK IT IN HER POOPER' IS GROSS 2 10.00%
YES 'STICK IT IN HER POOPER' IS A LEGITIMATE POLITICAL EXPRESSION 12 60.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2005, 08:00 PM

Default How\'s your SSNL?: HR101 AKo

I'm going to expand the horizons of the series a little bit. See if you guys like it. HR = Hand reading, so the focus will be on putting villian on a hand. There will be a river decision by Hero and then rate how you thought Hero played the hand. I think I'm going to pass on posting an answer rating key and leave it up to you guys to analyze what the best river decision is and how you thought Hero played the hand. So comments and discussion welcome.

Reads: You are Hero, so figure Villian sees you as a normal 2+2'er. Villian in the hand is 42_it. So figure a knowledgable, half-decent 2+2'er who is capable of ABC poker at the least, brilliance sometimes, donkiness once in awhile. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Take the quiz, make a comment, thanks for participating. Let me know what you think about this kind of quiz in relation to the previous kind.

.50/$1 NLHE Full Table, relevent stacks:

Hero UTG ($125)
MP1 ($88)
Villian CO ($140)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
Hero raises to $4, 2 folds, MP1 calls $4, 2 folds, Villian calls $4, 3 folds.

Flop: ($13) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (3 players) </font>
Hero bets $9, MP1 folds, Villian raises to $23, Hero calls $14.

Turn: ($56) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Villian checks.

River: ($56) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>
Hero bets $25, Villian raises to $98 putting Hero all-in, Hero....
Old 12-09-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: How\'s your SSNL?: HR101 AKo

I think a check should be an option on the river. If Villain is bluffing with a busted flush draw, he can just jam all in after you bet, and it clutters the whole situation and makes for a harder decision, IMO. If you check, he'd probably bet big, near PSB, but not a push. I'd feel more comfortable calling that river after checking.

If opponent has busted flush draw, it would seem that hearts might bluff if checked to, that's good. If you bet into them here, hearts could either fold, which isn't terrible, but not as good as a snappable bluff. Also, it could let him jam with busted flush draw and get you to fold, which is the worst. Especially with that pansy ass bet on the river. Grow some nuts or check.

I'd hate to see QJ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] here. That's my guess. If not, busted flush draw and then set.

As played, I fold it.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:13 PM

i fold, see JhQh or busted hearts, and hero played poor to OK here

oh and i think villain also could have raised more on the flop for sure

but raise flop, check behind blank turn looks just like a monster draw for your avg 2+2 ssnler
Old 12-09-2005, 08:16 PM

I would lead 1/2-2/3 the pot on the turn and see what villain does. If he raises I probably muck.

I fold the river though.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:24 PM

I think QJ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. All other hands seem too unlikely.

TT- bets this turn for value.

KT-is folded PF (most times)

87hh- is possible, but does villan really think FE is high enough to make this profitable?

KQ-possible, but the river play makes this hand unlikely.

JQ-I would be surprised to see this hand if it wasnt
suited, but I think villan's hand is most likely QJ.
Raise/check is a popular play for draws.

AT-is usually folded PF.

These are just some thoughts, any input appreciated.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:25 PM

I play it the exact same way Hero did. I like the "block" bet. You are getting 2.5-1 on the river call. (needing to be good only 29% of the time for the call to be +EV) I think you will be shown down KQo and KTo enough times for this to be a call on the river, especially at the $100 games. I think you guys are seeing monsters under the bed, but in a real game sitaution would have insta-called.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:33 PM

I really dislike Hero not leading the turn. Lead for 2/3 of the pot and fold to a raise.

EDIT: Oh, and I put villain on QJ, maybe hearts maybe not.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play it the exact same way Hero did. I like the "block" bet. You are getting 2.5-1 on the river call. (needing to be good only 29% of the time for the call to be +EV) I think you will be shown down KQo and KTo enough times for this to be a call on the river, especially at the $100 games. I think you guys are seeing monsters under the bed, but in a real game sitaution would have insta-called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you will see KQ often here after the river raise. KT? I don't know how often 42 would check with that hand, but it seems unlikely. I have to agree with the other posters that Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] seems most likely.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:57 PM

I better clarify things before I get in trouble. Villian in the hand, which is based on a hand I've played, is not specifically 42_it. I just put a name in there for fun. Assume villian is a decent 2+2'er.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:45 AM

I just can't see anything other than either the made straight or busted hearts. TT would have bet the turn, with those draws on the board, as would have KT (but I think KT would have been folded PF, especially with your image as a 2+2er). AT I don't see reraising that flop since AK is a prefectly reasonably hand for you to open with UTG.

As it stands, I would call 87s over QJ, suited or not. If the reads on both of you are correct, then he knows he is calling with a likely dominated hand and if you don't have a high PP, then you just clutter up his straight outs. The 87s is much more likely to have clean outs, both against overcards and overpairs.