Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-28-2005, 05:35 AM

Default hand im not proud of #2

How the hell do you handle these tiny bets? I run into this all the time at NL100 and they confuse the hell out of me. I desperately need a line..

Villain is 50/20. The only hand I have on him that went to showdown is where he cbet into overs with mid pair, and checked the next two streets for a free showdown.

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (4 handed) internettexasholdem.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($95.90)
BB ($34.80)
Hero ($138.60)
Button ($114.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($8.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>.

Turn: ($16.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

River: ($20.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $23.50
Old 12-28-2005, 05:50 AM

Default Re: hand im not proud of #2

I hate these hands.

I'm done after he calls on the flop.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:28 AM

since you played it this way, I'd call the $3 on the river in the off chance he's got a flush draw, plus I'm downright curious and if you are going to play more hands with this donk it's probably worth the money to figure out what he was playing this way.

If i were playing this hand, I'd either fold the turn, or raise the turn. A lot of these guys will fold to another raise, but it really depends on the player. This guy sounds like a real calling station so he'd probably call the raise too, so I'm leaning toward folding the turn.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:44 AM

Yea i hate these guys. Unfortunate situation but i think i am done with it (though i have my doubts i would be able to) on the turn because hes not going away w/ any pair or draw.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:46 AM

This hand just sucks, it's best to learn to discern these situations early and avoid them. As played I call the river, you are way deep, and another three will let you see what this guy is doing. That minraise on the flop is suspicious, especially with a straight possibility out there. When he calls the flop reraise, you need to bring this to as cheap a showdown as possible, if villain doesn't cooperate then drop this and take his stack later.

Cambraceres

Edit: And call that last bet
Old 12-28-2005, 11:06 AM

Call the last bet. Fold the turn.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:32 AM

I hate the advice to call the river bet. The opponent didn't play A-high here. He has something. I don't think there's even a 13% chance that he's playing a draw.

I don't hate the advice to fold the turn, but given that you are getting almost 10:1 I think you are compelled to call.

I like the fact that you raised that flop bet, but I think you can raise more. A pot-sized raise is actually making it $11.50 to go, and I think that's a reasonable raise. If that seems a little steep, then make it $9 or $10. $7 is a little weak, and doesn't really give you enough FE.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:05 PM

I revisted the hand and you are right. Calling the last bet is not a good idea and bad advice. He is holding something.

I do not like the idea to draw to TP against a betting opponent. I can win little with TP but might lose more money if I misread villian. So odds might be worse as TP will not be the best hand on the river and I put myself in a marginal situation.

Chris
Old 12-28-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How the hell do you handle these tiny bets? I run into this all the time at NL100 and they confuse the hell out of me. I desperately need a line..

Villain is 50/20. The only hand I have on him that went to showdown is where he cbet into overs with mid pair, and checked the next two streets for a free showdown.

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (4 handed) internettexasholdem.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($95.90)
BB ($34.80)
Hero ($138.60)
Button ($114.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($8.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>.

Turn: ($16.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

River: ($20.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $23.50

[/ QUOTE ]

raise the turn, most guys are drawing when they do this and if you just call the turn it looks incredibly weak so he might try to bluff any river.