Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Re: KK pre-flop - \"To fold or not to fold - that is the question\"

Ya, I just made a post yesterday about it being sometimes ok to fold KK, but this ain't one of them.

Odds on Villian having AA seem pretty good, but the dead money SB is pitching in is helping to cover your suck-out odds. Plus, if Villian doesn't have KK, you're looking at a triple up.

If SB folded right off the get-go, then it might be a different story. A re-re-re-reraise is pretty conclusive in my book. Then it would be time to just call it, and play the KK for set value. (Never thought I'd say that)
Old 12-09-2005, 03:58 AM

K's are dominated only by A's pf and 70/30 vs AK.

Q's are dominated by both A's and K's, and also become something like 57/43 vs AK. So you'd still call if you could see his cards, but your equity is decreasing with every PP lower you call with due to both possible domination and increased likelyhood of 2 live overs.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:56 AM

There are countless times where I have had KK preflop, re-raised someone and had them come over the top for another 3x my raise. I told myself, "I'm almost positive he has AA, only AA plays like that". I push all-in thinking everyone on 2+2 doesn't fold KK preflop to anything at SSNL, so I shouldn't either. Anyways, from the last 12 times I've had it happen, I've only won once when the person had QQ. I'm starting to think folding KK preflop isn't so bad.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:27 AM

The only time I remember this happening, I put in the first raise, villain re-raised, I had a think and re-re-raised, and villain pushed. I was fairly sure he had AA by then but called because of course I wasn't absolutely sure (can't remember the exact pot odds). He had AA and I hit a four flush.

Not sure what the moral of this story is.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are countless times where I have had KK preflop, re-raised someone and had them come over the top for another 3x my raise. I told myself, "I'm almost positive he has AA, only AA plays like that". I push all-in thinking everyone on 2+2 doesn't fold KK preflop to anything at SSNL, so I shouldn't either. Anyways, from the last 12 times I've had it happen, I've only won once when the person had QQ. I'm starting to think folding KK preflop isn't so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you actually kept accurate statistics here? Ie., when you're playing, do you have a spreadsheet open ready to tally every time you have KK preflop and consider folding?
Old 12-09-2005, 09:59 AM

I vote that a mod should delete these stupid ass "should I fold KK preflop, I'm Phil Hellmuth" posts, consider banning anyone that starts one of these threads. Jesus.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote that a mod should delete these stupid ass "should I fold KK preflop, I'm Phil Hellmuth" posts, consider banning anyone that starts one of these threads. Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is ridiculous. Go to the bad beat forum people
Old 12-09-2005, 10:53 AM

Ok.

Seems I am being flamed for even suggesting that I should fold.
However, I notice that not everyone is 100% sure.

Still, I called. He, of course, had AA.

I made up for it with TEN pocket aces I had that night (in 500 hands)!
Old 12-09-2005, 11:06 AM

Deleting this post would be pretty extreme. It does appear that the OP is asking for strategy advice, and not just trying to post a beat.

However, the OP did get the correct advice: don't fold KK preflop.

There has been a rash of posts like these lately. I recently heard or read some well-known TV player say, "thye fourth raise is always aces," and I attribute this rash to that. For now, I'll lock this thread, but I'm not going to delete it.
Closed Thread