Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2004, 04:15 PM

Default Anyone like this flop 3-bet?

So I was rereading TOP again the other day, in particular the chapter on defending semibluff. At my local B&M, I've been seeing the late position flush draw raise all the time. So when I saw a raise here, along with the opportunity to knock several people out with my vulnerable hand, I took it. Good play or did I turn into a LAG?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks,

Flop: (5.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets, MP3 calls, CO raises, Button folds, Hero 3-bets, UTG folds, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, CO calls.

River: (8.66 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10.66 BB
Old 06-17-2004, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Anyone like this flop 3-bet?

I wonder if a river check is better, as better hand doesn't fold but a missed draw may bluff (although the flop 3-bet makes unducing a river bluff somewhat unlikely). Does K9 or worse raise the flop and then call all the way down?

I like the way you followed thru with your flop plan.

I would consider raising this hand preflop.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:25 PM

I like the 3-bet in this situation if you have a good read. My only reservation is that this board has high enough cards that you could be running into 2-pair or set very easily. Had you met more resistance, a fold would be in order.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:28 PM

Good call on the check behind, opponent showed Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the flopped nuts. I guess he was either planning on raising the turn but the second T scared him, or he was content to let me bet for him.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:18 PM

Fold!

Small multi-pot, draw heavy board, aggression shown, mediocre hand unlikely to improve, action remaining behind you...
Old 06-17-2004, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold!

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that Hero has TPGK and a gutshot, right? There's no way I'm folding this on the flop. I would prefer to bet out on the flop since there is a good chance that you have the best hand currently you really don't want to be giving any free cards here.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You do realize that Hero has TPGK and a gutshot, right? There's no way I'm folding this on the flop. I would prefer to bet out on the flop since there is a good chance that you have the best hand currently you really don't want to be giving any free cards here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, didn't see the gutshot. That does tip it towards playing out your hand. Without a pre-flop raise, I still fold.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:48 PM

Raise preflop.