Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Delgado to Mets

Anyone care to tell me why the marlins go get these players and then trade them the year after. Is it just me or is Loria just a [censored] retard (look at what he did to montreal)... this is sad.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:19 PM

as opposed to Huizenga?
Old 11-23-2005, 03:22 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone care to tell me why the marlins go get these players and then trade them the year after. Is it just me or is Loria just a [censored] retard (look at what he did to montreal)... this is sad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummm... they had a window and seized the opportunity to try and win another championship. It didn't happen, they have financial troubles, so they trade the player after one year and get 2 great prospects back. If they didn't sign him they wouldn't have these prospects. This is phenomenal management of a "small"-market franchise.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:31 PM

Is Delgado still staying in the dugout during the national anthem (or whatever that was) to protest the war? I seem to remember that not going over well in NYC and can't imagine it increased his willingness to play there.

looks like it's an all-out firesale now.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:51 PM

Mets are still gonna suck this year! The Mets are trying to be like the Yankees and just piece together a winning team. It's not gonna work.

Look at last year. Mets overpaid for Beltran and the Astros made the World Series. Hahahahahahahahaha. Enjoy that loser and his overpriced contact.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:05 PM

here's my expert analysis: OMAR MINAYA IS A CRAZY PUERTO RICAN!!! MAKE SOME HUGE DEALS AND SPEND SOME MORE MONEY ALREADY MAN!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 05:07 PM

It was God Bless America.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Mets are trying to be like the Yankees and just piece together a winning team.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-23-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mets are still gonna suck this year! The Mets are trying to be like the Yankees and just piece together a winning team. It's not gonna work.

Look at last year. Mets overpaid for Beltran and the Astros made the World Series. Hahahahahahahahaha. Enjoy that loser and his overpriced contact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf? Everybody tries to piece together a winning team. Some people can afford it better than others. The Mets have always had a huge payroll, and have often suffered anyways because their money was spent irresponsibly. I'll be the first one to sign if they ever ask the fans if we want a salary cap, until then, I expect my front office to do everything in its power to bring my team to the World Series.
-James
Old 11-23-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What the Marlins did with Delgado is genius on their end. They only paid him 4 million last year and he's due to make 3 times that this year. They made a run at it, realized that it's unlikely for them to be able to repeat next year, and are restocking.
-James