Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Why haven\'t I won?

Here's your chance to rip me a new one.

Why haven't I won a real tourney? No weekday supers on Party. None of the big Sunday tourneys. My biggest online score is just over $9k. I mean even a player as bad as CSC (just kidding) has won the Stars 350k.

I know it takes a lot of luck down the stretch to win and I've lost a few big flips in my day but I know there's flaws in my game also. So if any of you know what they are I'd love to hear it.

thanks much
Old 05-17-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Why haven\'t I won?

You lost because you suck! Bottom line....

he he, just kidding...
Old 05-17-2005, 01:41 PM

honestly, you don't think ahead when you play hands. you focus on the decision your confronted with now and not how the different options you have will play out on future streets and create different future decisions. Thats why you always find yourself in such tricky turn and river spots. You need to think ahead more, come up with a consistent coherent plan for a hand when you make your first decision.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:45 PM

ok that's what i'm lookin for. thanks much.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:50 PM

What makes you think you should of won a big tourney by now? Just because guys like MLG, Gavin, even CSC have won multiple tourneys, don't think for a minute that you are on thier level. I know that you have a running feud with CSC who you have openly criticized on many occasions, and you take many stabs at him whenever you have a chance. Let me just say for one, that I have learned a whole hell of alot more from CSC than from you. I don't think you understand the level of his play. He plays good, trust me.

But back to your point of this post. I don't think you are very good. I think you are average at best. I've played with you many times Y-Train. You are always a rude obnoxiouis loud mouth at the tables. Also its very typical of your play, rude and obnoxious. But like I said I think you are a very average player. So your chances of winning one of the big online tourneys is slim to none, but its not impossible. So good luck, and I hope things turn around for you, but I doubt they will.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:57 PM

No one believes that you are actually David Williams. Get a life.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What makes you think you should of won a big tourney by now? Just because guys like MLG, Gavin, even CSC have won multiple tourneys, don't think for a minute that you are on thier level. I know that you have a running feud with CSC who you have openly criticized on many occasions, and you take many stabs at him whenever you have a chance. Let me just say for one, that I have learned a whole hell of alot more from CSC than from you. I don't think you understand the level of his play. He plays good, trust me.

But back to your point of this post. I don't think you are very good. I think you are average at best. I've played with you many times Y-Train. You are always a rude obnoxiouis loud mouth at the tables. Also its very typical of your play, rude and obnoxious. But like I said I think you are a very average player. So your chances of winning one of the big online tourneys is slim to none, but its not impossible. So good luck, and I hope things turn around for you, but I doubt they will.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAH. This is my favorite part:

[ QUOTE ]
I know that you have a running feud with CSC who you have openly criticized on many occasions, and you take many stabs at him whenever you have a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never taken a jab at CSC. The one in this thread is the first. Nor do I have a 'running feud' with him. You watch too many soap operas. But you made me laugh.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one believes that you are actually David Williams. Get a life.

[/ QUOTE ]

We all know that. Thats yesterdays news.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:36 PM

I think I understand your very good point here, but could you provide an example of a recent hand of yours and your thinking process?
Old 05-17-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
honestly, you don't think ahead when you play hands. you focus on the decision your confronted with now and not how the different options you have will play out on future streets and create different future decisions. Thats why you always find yourself in such tricky turn and river spots. You need to think ahead more, come up with a consistent coherent plan for a hand when you make your first decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a perfect description of that a6 hand that was posted earlier. I do this a lot too FWIW.