Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 05:20 PM

Default live 4/8, try for overcall?

Live 4/8, in The Place That Shall Not Be Named (tm bdk3clash)

Hero has 99 in the CO. Villans are MP1, who has this sort of retarded look on his face and is wearing headphones, thus causing him to be baffled as to when it's his action or what has previously transpired in the hand. Button is a typical (for this club)Hassid. Apparently the Rebbe issued an edict to call all bets, because that's all these ever guys do. Neither villan has ever shown any aggression, they are super loose and super passive. They just play their cards without much consideration for the action or the board.

I post this hand because it's possible I misplayed almost every street.

PF: Earphones (UTG) limps, 3 players limp, I limp along with 99, Button (Hassid) limps, both blinds call, 8 to the flop.

Flop: K 9 2 suits unimportant. Earphones bets, which means he almost certainly has at least a K. 1 caller. I just call as the flop isn't dangerous and I don't want to scare away the passive players. Hassid calls (duh), blinds fold.

Turn: K [K 9 2]. Earphones bets, 1 fold, I raise, Hassid calls 2 cold (duh), Earphones 3-bets (what the!?), I cap, Hassid calls (this was also little surprising).

River: 6 [K K 9 2] no flushes possible. Earphones bets out, so he really likes his hand. K9 is least likely but he would definitely play it PF, K2 or even K6 are possibly within his range of hands even UTG. Hassid probably has a K that he can't bring himself to fold. I think this a good spot to go for an overcall as I'm sure the Hassid will call and thus risk only 1 more bet to win 2 more bets. But these guys are so bad it's possible I have the best hand AND that they would call a raise or even reraise with lesser hands. There is no chance either would ever fold a better hand.

Thoughts?

Also, raise PF? Raise the flop?
Old 02-01-2005, 05:24 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: live 4/8, try for overcall?

you really didn't give us a read other than that he's wearing headphones. raise preflop, and I wouldn't raise the river. that's a fearless river bet. I'd just call
Old 02-01-2005, 06:02 PM

pf: Raise
flop: well done
turn: nice
river: call

Unless headphones is a complete maniac who loves to overplay his hands I'm gonna call here. A little better read on him would help.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:51 PM

"Neither villan has ever shown any aggression, they are super loose and super passive."

I guess the retarded comment wasn't enough. He was clueless, extremely loose, and extremely passive. I don't believe I had ever seen him raise previously, although he was relatively new to the table.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:57 PM

That makes a river raise tough he could think his trip kings are the nuts and lead out on the river or he could have a better boat. I not wanting to call a three bet here so I still lean towards a call. Clueless and passive does make it a close call.