Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2004, 05:53 PM

Default $1K in 10 days, try #2

$1K in 10 days, try #2 with a bankroll, and with more experience.

I tried a little quest at the 5/10 to try and get lucky I guess.

For those of you who didn't see my last quest, I was going to try and win
$1K in 10 days w/ no BR or no experience at the 5/10 which I've never had success at.

I'm and 18 year old senior in highschool that lives in Montana. I've snuck into several bars and played 2-20 spread and NL $300 pot limit when I was 17. The $300 pot limit really sucks, because I hate having to bet only $40 or so on the river and still getting a rebate. Ever since I turned 18 I've been on someone of a losing streak. I've played a few hands and the 2/4 and feel somewhat comforatble playing there. I killed the 1/2(6max) in 10,000 hands by making 5BB/100 hands.

One of my buddies is coming home from college tonite. Hopefully we can have a few beers and then head to the Bison's 2-20 spread limit. You can't check-raise and you can't check the nuts on the river. There's a few usuals down there that are pretty decent players, one is tight enough to considered a TAG, and the other can play any two cards pretty well.

I get alot of respect down there, alot of people that know who I am fold when I raise. The drunk people that play call me all the way down when I raise with UTG and flop a monster.

QUEST

I am going to start this quest off with a 300BB bankroll and with a somewhat adequate amount of hands played at the 2/4.

I am going to start this quest today even though I might not get the amount of hands in I want to.

I am going to 4 table the 2/4, and play that only for the next 10 days.

Thats 250BB in 10 days and 25 BB/day.

Is this quest going to be considered short term luck since it's only going to be in 10 days? Should I post the number of hands I play too?
Old 10-07-2004, 06:10 PM

Default Re: $1K in 10 days, try #2

you can't check the nuts on the river.

I'd feel handcuffed in this game.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can't check the nuts on the river.

I'd feel handcuffed in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like handing your opponent the pot.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:44 PM

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (14.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB